Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Assorted Pod Wars Ideas
Just thinking up of ideas on how to spice up pod wars a bit. I'll probably add more when I think of them.

-Occupation system similar to that of base-game, I.E designated miners and medical staff and whatnot. Jobs would have limited slots just like basegame, and would spawn with gear associated with their job (Miners with full miner belt, medical staff with medical belt). Could even have gimmick/civilian jobs if you wanted to, since the bar/kitchen/janitor's closet go unused. Could also modify space suit sprites depending on role, but that'd probably be a lil bit of work and wouldn't happen for a while.

The main pilot role that we have right now could just be a default sort of staff assistant role, and just mainly do whatever. Nothing's also stopping jobs from just running out and doing their own thing if they want to, but I think it'd be good to give a bit more of a sense of direction especially to newer players.

-Resprite and balance /gun/energy/blaster_smg and /blaster_cannon for pod wars usage, perhaps being used as a loot crate reward. Be neat to have a few more firearms to use besides the base blaster pistol. Could also have different combat infantry classes, if you REALLY wanted to.

-Transport ship of sorts would be nice. Dunno how they'd work, but it'd be neat to have on-hand.

I'll probably come up with more while I work through testing out stuff for the wiki document. Sorry if this seems disjointed, kinda just wanted to put my thoughts down somewhere.
I think some sort of side project to make a mega pod or something could be cool. Though one thing I think would be good is some pod that would disable the warp beacons of that area until its destroyed, thus helping losing teams assault the area.