Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes
(05-26-2022, 07:57 AM)Ikea Wrote: Kudzu people mostly just make things awkward and bad to be honest. I dont like killing non antags and it makes me feel like a dick for destroying the thing destroying the hallway. Id be fine with removing them in there current state because all they add to the game currently is just making the rapidly spreading thing that blocks vision and mobility have non antags that you end up killing if you try to kill the kudzu. It doesnt add much besides toxicitiy and negativity.

I agree 100% with everything here

The event that inspired me to make this post was when someone on Goon2 suicided on top of Kudzu, and then began to grow it as a Kudzuperson. The usual anti-kudzu coalition of randoms formed and one guy got some atrazine in a flamethrower, which caused neglibigle damage to the kudzuperson (but still technically damage) so they started attacking us repeatedly "for the kudzu". I was a secoff so I stunned them and dragged them to genetics to make them human, where they then suicided and said they had "lost respect for me". Everything the player did was kinda dumb and actively harming the station, but they broke no rules. The fact that you can actively spread this blatantly harmful substance as a nonantag is baffling to me, as is the fact that they get the powerful whip and vine arm abilities when the crowd that ends up as kudzupeople are often ones that will defend it to the death.
REPLY 2:

(05-25-2022, 07:15 AM)Kotlol Wrote: What can Kudzu people do then?
Be a better botany.
That's right.. Kudzu folk can actually construct their own botany bay from Kudzu that works much better then normal botany.
Their trays are automatic refilling, their trays and plant pcs (yes they get this) do not cost power at all and most of all...
You do not need to order more trays for them to do their job...They just grow some thick kudzu and a new tray is born.
What about seeds? They can grow that themselves out of them, the more kudzu they have.. the faster they can work.

They just can't get materials like Mutagen/Potash/Such right away... but they can work with it.
I was aware of this ability as well .However, as Mongoose brought up, why is it dying on kudzu that makes you an objectively better botanist? Why can some random Joe mechanic that happens to die on kudzu do botany in every way better than an actual botanist? I think, as Mongoose said, the best option for kudzupeople would be to make them some sort of "Achieve Samsara" mega-cool botanist state.

REPLY 3

(05-25-2022, 01:09 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Generally people trying to burn away kudzu will also attack kudzu people and then all the kudzu people defend their kudzu buddies and the crew sees that as kudzu people attacking the crew and thats what leads to all out brawls.

And the final reply in this chain of three (I am sorry for the text wall) Every round where there's a lot of kudzupeople ends the same. On classic, as we see above, they all get murdered by a mob of angry people after they start attacking crewmembers. On RP, people let them sit around in a corner of the station and grow stuff all round. This isn't creating the emergent gameplay SS13 is known for, it's creating a loop of either frustration or stale, boring RP. I have played enough on both servers to see that kudzuperson-heavy rounds end the same pretty much every single time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes - by George_Manning - 05-26-2022, 02:27 PM