Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes
+ I've experienced a bug that causes people to instantly eject their body and become a ghost upon transformation. I've seen this bug off and on across the years with the latest being a month or two ago. I've never experimented with whether or not you can monkey/regular clone them, but assuming it was the best case scenario and that it didn't permanently remove a player from the round, this still causes a gigantic hassle that increases how long it takes to bring these people back into the game. Dying is inconvenient and we all accept that because it's intended, but dying multiple times to a glitch when you're being kudzu revived is unintentional and frustrating.

+ I'm aware it's not a perfectly fair comparison, but it's odd that borg players will be punished for seeking out an emag but players suiciding to become kudzu isn't. Thankfully Kudzu people can't just attack people outside of personal defense (which is why it's not a fair comparison), but they're both traitor items and they can both be used to grief (see below).

+ It's pretty easy to get away with spreading the harmful kudzu because it seems like you're supposed to do that. The prompt tells you that you are a non-violent and non-antagonist creature, but it also tells you your motivation is to protect and grow the kudzu and that you are also allowed to protect yourself if attacked. This gets mixed up a lot and it's very common to see kudzu people attacking players who are hacking away at the plant that keeps them alive.

+ This is more of a community mindset and a LRP specific issue, but anything remotely valid on the LRP servers is almost guaranteed to be murdered. It doesn't matter if you're peaceful or not, valid creatures get their shit kicked in because it's protected by rules and it's fun to fight things. But unlike monkeys or other valids, you can murder a kudzu person over and over because the kudzu will bring them back when their corpse hits the kudzu.

I agree with the direction of this post that kudzu people are in a weird place right now. I love the way they look on paper, but the implementation of them right now causes many issues that dwarf the creative/fun things you can do with them. I think putting them on ice until they're repaired might improve the quality of life for players overall.  The first issue would be a change to the code, but I have no idea how to stop the second issue. The third issue could be fixed with a revised kudzu person pop-up and the fourth would need a revision to their valid status to fix.

EDIT: It'd be neat if becoming a plant person was something that happened through diligent Botany processes and didn't valid the player, but they would still trade stats and the ability to wear certain items to become stronger botanists but have the ability to live without standing on specific tiles.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes - by Kamikaze Mongoose - 05-25-2022, 09:33 AM