Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes
First off, let me say I love kudzu. The idea of an antagonist using a sort of blob-like threat to keep others distracted while he goes about his dastardly plans is awesome, as is the feeling of the entire station being consumed by plants as you run around as a killer botanist. My issue comes not with kudzu, but as the title suggests, kudzupeople. My issues with them are as follows

1. There's a fairly large subsect of people that actively suicide on top of kudzu to become kudzupeople and spread this objectively harmful thing throughout the station. It is strange that a person can CHOOSE to become a role with such oftentimes harmful implications

2. Kudzu people don't really serve a purpose beyond interrupting the game flow. Sure, you could argue it's a way for the victims of rampaging antagonists to come back to life, but 90% of the time what happens in my experience is that the victims are killed when it would be much better for the station to have extra crewmembers cloned or at least borgs onhand, as if kudzu is bad enough that a rampaging antag is creating kudzupeople the station needs some extra help, not people to further spread that threat

3. If you choose to become a human again after dying on kudzu via genetics, (and as we all know you don't exactly choose where you die in this game), it is a buggy mess where if you have plant accessories they will sometimes stay with you. Basically if you die on kudzu, and want to be cloned, it's a huge hassle to do so

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

Messages In This Thread
Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes - by George_Manning - 05-24-2022, 07:57 PM