Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Mysha's Recipe Manager + Telesci Utilities
mysha Wrote:food

That was going to be my motivation to learn the syntax! Now what am I going to adapt?
Not entirely sure how to calibrate it properly?
Complete noob here... Any chance of a detailed explanation on how to calibrate it as an AI and normally?
Probably not...
Set the telescience console to 50/50/1. Press scan. As long as the console reports invalid coordinates, change the value that's incorrect - for invalid X and Y, try increments of 25, starting from 25; for invalid Z, increase Z by one each time.

Once the console tells you all coordinates are correct (by displaying atmosphere information):,
  • As a human: grab two GPS units from the nearby desk. Rename one of them to something you remember, then chuck it onto the telepad. Send the GPS unit, check its location with your other GPS unit. Enter those values as Sample 1. Receive, increase X and Y by 1, then send again and use the new values as Sample 2.
  • As a borg (also works for the AI shell): Keep the telescience console open the entire time you're doing this. If you don't know what the fuck you're doing, get a teleport upgrade installed beforehand, or at least a propulsion mod. Stand on the telepad, and send yourself. Try to figure out your location on the station map; the GPS location will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the program. (If you ended up in deep space and can't find any landmark, press receive and play around with the input coordinates a bit.) Write those values down. Receive yourself back to the telepad, then increase X and Y by 1, send again and write those values down as well. Put both sets of coordinates into the Calibration window.
Thanks, I think i got it working
Was trying it out, and unless I did something wrong, when you calibrate it, it does not actually do anything. This just me?
Sir Stabby Wrote:Was trying it out, and unless I did something wrong, when you calibrate it, it does not actually do anything. This just me?
This happens when the calculations are off way too far to be worth calculating. (it happens to the best of us.) Try to make sure you are calibrating right. remember: the original cords plugged into the console are on the left, the outputted ones are on the right. If that doesn't fix it, re install and hope it works.
I'm disappointed that this wasn't named "TeleMate" or something.

Aside from that oversight, this looks quite nice. I like the integrated map.
It might be worth bumping this thread because there was a rather large change made to the mapping.

-map size has been changed from 200x200 to 300x300
-Station z-level now has asteroids around its outside in a few places
-Mining z-level no longer exists
-all of the stuff that used to be on the Mining z-level has been relocated to the Debris Field z-level (with the exception of the Listening Post, which is on the Station z-level)
-everything on the Debris Field z-level has been moved around to accommodate the change
Update v1.1

Good news, I have a new version ready, which includes the full station and derelict field maps in all their 300x300 tile glory.
Also the extrapolation calibration method has been updated for the new sized maps.

You can get the latest release at https://github.com/myshak/ss13telesmap/releases/latest as always.
Mysha, you are a god among legends.
It looks like the coordinates for manual entry are still capped at 200, it made me sad. Pretty cool utility though, I like it!
Update v1.1.1
  • Fixed the coordinate cap to account for the bigger maps.
Recipes update, thanks to Convair880:
  • Merged cocktails with foods
  • Added canister bombs
  • Made some recipes public
  • Misc. updates

Grab the new lists from the usual place. You can delete the cocktail.txt list, as it was merged with food.txt.
Actually I liked cocktails being separate. Any way we can get separates and a merged list? It's a minor thing but worth asking about
Click on the "drink" tag or filter the list by "tag:drink" manually.