Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Remove/replace/rebalance rarely used traitor items
Since goonstation became open source a lot of new traitor items have been added.  Some of them get used.  Some of them don't.  To prevent the list of traitor items from getting cluttered with stuff people don't ever buy, it might be a good idea to look at the rarely purchased ones and either remove them, replace them with a conceptually similar but better version (i.e. the chameleon outfit set for the chameleon jumpsuit), or rebalance them, making them stronger or cheaper or both.
Not a bad suggestion, but it's too general of a suggestion.
LIKE TOOOOOO GENERAL!

Just saying: "CHANGE THIS" isn't how to suggest things in my opinion.
Make a list of items you don't like to use and why and then tell us what you would change of it.
Example being the chameleon suit.. what would you do the change it?
I sorta think it's ok if a few traitor items aren't used as often as others. I think it's more important to look at individual items like "are these actually useful and fun to use and underused or are they basically useless". There's so many items in the game that there's bound to be a few items that are underrated but still pretty useful, fun and well designed.
As flaborized said, there's a need to figure out if an item is not purchased because its bad, because its unfun, or because the other options in it's category are just outclassing it by alot. For instance, you rarely see mustache grenades used, or the syndicate pipebomb, or even the bowling kit, but people often do gimmicks around them that makes the round a lot more fun. If an item is objectively terrible, sure, it could use a buff. But not all traitor items should be equal, there should be some room for experimentation and for gimmicks to be planned.
I agree with Flaborized and Bart, sometimes it's good to have extra features just "there" even if they aren't that meta, because if you want to use them you have the option, i feel it's less bloat and more just stuff to have fun with.
I think we all agree the "underused items" are there for the creative traitors that want to have dumb fun.

Still if you think an item could use something more... please add it. Since I do want to do actual monkey bowling once.. or you know.. be able to bowl with the bowling kit, but having the shirt on gives me perfect aim or something like that wink
When I say "rarely used" I'm talking more about stuff like the cursed clown mask, which I've seen a grand total of three times, one of which was in a surplus crate before it got removed from that.  And all three of them were me.  I don't have access to any stats on what people are buying, so maybe people are just buying them in rounds I'm not in, but there are a fair few traitor items that I just never see.  Those are the sorts of things I'm talking about.
You also see more of the lesser used “weak” items are used way more frequently on rp, your clown masks chameleon suits, voice changers etc. another often forgotten part of the cursed clown mask is if you use it as a clown traitor it doesn’t debilitate you at all and functions as a gas mask.
(05-24-2022, 11:57 PM)DioChasek Wrote: You also see more of the lesser used “weak” items are used way more frequently on rp, your clown masks chameleon suits, voice changers etc. another often forgotten part of the cursed clown mask is if you use it as a clown traitor it doesn’t debilitate you at all and functions as a gas mask.

Ironicly cluwne shoes actually work great for clowns as they prevent slipping.
make cursed clown mask have cluwne speech for non clowns and give the clown a pinpointer for it. atm its just a 1 use minor burn damage until person politely asks another person to remove it item. the fact you basically give away your 5tc item when you use it on someone makes it super awful to use, especially with how little damage it currently does