Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[PR] Pathology Rework: Modernizing to TGUI
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[help wanted][input wanted][rework][WIP][tgui]
About the PR
Modernizes the Pathology Research Console from html to TGUI.

I plan to make more PRs to fix pathology. Here is a living design doc that I am using to guide my work: https://hackmd.io/@XyzzyThePretender/B10Kp-DP5

Why's this needed?

html bad tgui good

I have no experience with TGUI. I will need help and time. This is primarily a learning endeavor for me.

This PR won't be ready to merge for some time.
Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)XyzzyThePretender
(*)Modernized the Pathology Research Console from html to TGUI.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I honestly am quite against the idea of removing tinkering with viruses, as creating your own custom mix of symptoms has always been a joy for me, it feels like just making it so you can't purposefully combine symptoms would cut back a lot on the fun of it. The idea of moving towards a more randomized approach also feels kind of 'meh' for me. On other servers, the main gripe I've always had with pathology is having to redo the same thing over and over while not having the result you wish for, in the end if you get something cool or not ends up depending more on fate than on your own input.

Don't get me wrong, i would love to see pathology back, but especially with the access requirements, it sounds like it could end up being a pain to do anything with it. I get the wish to "declaw" pathology so to speak, but this sounds like it really wouldn't be much fun to play.
We haven't had pathology in a long while cause the customsation made pathogens spread too fast and had people having to quarantine themselves constantly.
I wish I would say: "Antags were too good."
But no... it was also people being funny, making funny diseases spread while not being antag.
So they shut it off and remains shut off...
If anything pathology can return but ONLY with more limiting factors on it so epidemics won't become common when they are back.
Aka all viruses in pathology will be a weakened variant that can't spread unless "Traitor items" are used.
(05-24-2022, 12:24 PM)Kotlol Wrote: We haven't had pathology in a long while cause the customsation made pathogens spread too fast and had people having to quarantine themselves constantly.
I wish I would say: "Antags were too good."
But no... it was also people being funny, making funny diseases spread while not being antag.
So they shut it off and remains shut off...
If anything pathology can return but ONLY with more limiting factors on it so epidemics won't become common when they are back.
Aka all viruses in pathology will be a weakened variant that can't spread unless "Traitor items" are used.

I was not there for the new pathos testing, but from what i heard it was relatively more balanced than the original. I've also heard stuff about how the main issue with it may have been the fact it was a 1 week new thing that kind of made everyone want to mess with it, and not as much the system itself not being good. So I'm not sure if going even farther than we "have" now without doing more testing is that good of an idea yet....