Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Pathology Rework: Out with the Old...
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[input wanted][rework][removal][WIP]
About the PR
Removes abusable machines from pathology and any dependent code.

I plan to make more PRs to fix pathology. Here is a living design doc that I am using to guide my work: https://hackmd.io/@XyzzyThePretender/B10Kp-DP5

Why's this needed?
The Synth-o-Matic 6.5.535 is a machine that allows pathologists to create pathogens This single function makes the Synth-o-Matic 6.5.535 a deprecated and abusable gimmick. Griefers, antagonists, and experienced pathologists would simply spend the entire research budget on splicing pathogens from the Synth-o-Matic 6.5.535 to find the most destructive combination of DNA samples in order to unleash a round-ending, lag-inducing, server-killing deathplague. The sprite for the machine no longer matches the modern art style. This machine and its design have no place in a reworked pathology.

Changelog

I will need some time to learn how to navigate the mapping system to make these changes.

Code:
changelog
(u)XyzzyThePretender
(*)Cent. Comm. is not pleased with the string of catastrophic shifts from use of the Synth-o-Matic 6.5.535. Internal Affairs Agents have removed the offending machine from all stations.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS