Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
nukies loss should just spawn new traitors
literally the second i hear it's nukies i lose all investment in the round because nothing matters but defusing the fuuucking bomb, except that doesn't matter either because win or lose the round's restarting anyway and if i'm like. a fucking rancher or a botanist or whatever i could not care less whose side wins The War Of The 20 Minute Round because whatever project i just got started on is done either way. my options are to grab a chainsaw and die instantly to the people with guns or just click rest and watch youtube for a while.

what would make me care a LOT instead is if the bomb got defused and the nukies were defeated it would, instead of inexplicably going "we're done here lol" like there isn't an entire station still not destroyed, just do a sleeper agent activation, or let some of the people who died in the big fight that just happened respawn as whatever traitor type, or literally anything that would make it so the round is continuing and by defusing the bomb you're actually protecting something and not just participating in team deathmatch
The reason the round ends after the bomb goes off or gets destroyed is because after that there are tons of people dead and station has been wrecked. Also now everyone alive has a bunch of syndie gear. Its better to just start a fresh round instead of dragging it on longer.
Also yeah its your choice if you want to join in on the fight against the syndies or not. Theres no rule saying you can't just ignore the round when syndies show up.
Pretty much what Kikimofo says.

But I wouldn't disagree with an "OPTION" to continune the shift.
But then again... alot of players will take a while to rejoin.
It wouldn't be bad to say: "No extraction, bomb is down, fix up the station round is now"
It would be interresting to say the least with maybe a few antags trying to slow it down?
We have respawns on so why not? Why not if the vote passes you can respawn as a "NT reconstruction/cleaning member"
And the antags respawn as "Saboteurs"

Just food for thought.
(05-23-2022, 11:34 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: The reason the round ends after the bomb goes off or gets destroyed is because after that there are tons of people dead and station has been wrecked. Also now everyone alive has a bunch of syndie gear. Its better to just start a fresh round instead of dragging it on longer.
Also yeah its your choice if you want to join in on the fight against the syndies or not. Theres no rule saying you can't just ignore the round when syndies show up.

didn't consider the syndie gear angle. i still think it'd be better to spawn a bunch more antags after the bomb is defused (obviously, if the bomb goes off, the station is gone so the round should end) and if i really wanted to push it i'd say like "oh the gear could just disintegrate" or something but losing the cool loot you just got off of nukies isnt fun and a satisfying answer to "everyone has guns and shit" probably doesn't involve the round going on much longer anyway, i dunno. does nukies happen on rp? i might just switch to rp.
Only admin triggered nukie rounds exist on rp. The round plays out as usual either blowing up the station or successful defense. If you do hop over to rp please remember to read the rp rules first. Hope to see ya there.