Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds A New Item: The Spybox! Spies Start With Them Instead of A Flash-...
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [FEATURE] [INPUT WANTED]

About the PR
This pr gives spies a spybox to start with rather than a flash-camera. The box can transform into either the flash-camera, or a scuttlebot hat.

Why's this needed?
Currently, spy theft rounds are rather slow, due to spies needing time to steal things and build up gear. It doesn't help that filling out photo rewards requires spies exposing themselves to some degree. Allowing them to choose a scuttlebot round start will help speed up the collection of smaller items and photos. Also let's them choose to use the camera flash if they feel like rping/choosing a more personal approach.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Wisemonster
(*)Spy thieves now start with a box that can turn into either a flash-camera or a scuttlebot hat1

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
mmmm to me a big part of being a spy IS the working the way up to the Big Guns. not sure I like the scuttlebot on that premise, given some of the most useful items you can get are the little things, like a mailman's suit or whatever.
might as well make the spy camera a spy reward or surplus reward as well
While I like the idea of a scuttlebug at the start... I also will know this.. every spy thief will be scuttling.. thus revealing too much!

Though I am fine with it being a reward, but this would give the one who claims it a massive advantage.
Maybe have a token system insted? Every objective has a x-amount of tokens.
If one spy claims too many.. they still get the lock off.

Then they can trade it for items they want "LIKE" the scuttlebug.
Put a few on the market rotation as well.
So a few standards that spy's want to use like the scuttlebug and such.
But the more advance and fun ones will rotate when the market updates as well.

This will be so there won't be something like constant kudzu every round. Or katana swinging every round and such.

Just an idea.
not really a fan tbh, I personally think kitting spiefs out more at the start kind of defeats the fun of their roundflow. plus making the camera not readily available seems like it's gonna throw off a bunch of new spiefs who won't know how to access it, turning photo bounties from a nice place to start to something that new people are gonna pass over in favor of more straightforward ones
Yeah not really feeling this idea . I get it scuttlebot is a neat new toy and we all wanna play with it but, it is just going to cheapen it with over exposure and loudly announce hey this is probably a spy thief round when you see 3 different ones running around.