Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robotics Log
The basic idea would be that there could be some system log (maybe with a maximum of the 10 latest entries) which would store important things happening to the robotics network. 

Things this could include:
- Law Changes (maybe only what changed and not who changed it)
- New AIs
- New Borgs
- New Machine Translator implants
- The things above but also when lost/destroyed
- Custom Entries by Borgs/AIs (maybe interesting for RP, though a bit nieche)
- Possibly other things

This could be displayed on the robotics console, which currently only serves the purpose of killswitching AIs and locking down borgs.
We already had this suggestion a while ago where robotics could see wich borgs/AI's were active and that's that.

Law changes we had another problem with the camera one. Where someone kept seeing law changes on the Camera due to the Lawrack, so this one has to be dropped so Antags can subvert AI's without someone remotely accessing it.

The other things I am fine with, Log entries, statuses and new implants and such are 100% fine.

The suggestion to show wich borgs are active, how much hp they have and such is still perfect as a console/PDA app.
BUT NO LAW CHANGES! Since you can also have multiplue racks so that will be hell to make let alone...
"Tip off what the antag is doing to borgs/AI's by constantly checking that App/Console" without the Antag able to prevent it.
Yea I understand that law changes would be a bit much, I kept it in, in case someone thought it should only be accessible on a stationary console (like the robotics one in the mainframe). 

I saw the other thread which advocated for the law rack shutter.