Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ipcs?
how hard would it be to add ipcs to the game? i'm pretty sure their sprites are public domain, and i know a ton of people love them. there might be confusion with borgs but i think they're different enough for that confusion to be funny/interesting and not genuinely inconvenient, especially if you put a different adverb for talking than "states" to clear it up unambiguously
Well the sprites being open domain doesn't mean anything to us, we use a different human shape
I don't want to sound rude, but I don't believe it to be quite likely. Let's take a look at what IPCs are, humanoid robots with television heads. Now that's a pretty wild concept and is quite cool. It works in a server where the Cyborgs are not humanoid, but in goonstation the borgs are humanoid. On top of that they can get a version of head that is a screen. Those factors kinda make the point of IPCs a bit moot and would probably confuse people on the difference between an IPC and a Cyborg.
I apologize for seeming like I'm wanting to shut this down but it's just kinda how it is.