Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Consensus on Kudzu people
So this argument has been popping up for a while now about whether or not players are allowed to:

A) Kill kudzu people without provocation
B) Whether or not players are allowed to help kudzu people as non-antags

From my understanding players can kill kudzu people but they're not supposed to help them as non-antags
mURDER!
Depends. Classic or RP? Are they being a menace or doing their own thing? You antag or not? Lots of variables to consider.
I believe Kudzu people fall under the same rules as Cluwnes.
There's a wiki page for them being worked on but in the meantime just to clarify things:

-Kudzu people are not antags, nor are they humans.
-Kudzu people are not allowed to randomly start attacking station crew. They can defend themselves if they are attacked.
-The crew are allowed to kill kudzupeople.
(05-21-2022, 10:21 PM)Mrfishstick Wrote: -Kudzu people are not allowed to randomly start attacking station crew. They can defend themselves if they are attacked.

That includes people attacking the Kudzu itself yes? Since they're part of the Kudzu
(05-21-2022, 10:30 PM)BadShot Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 10:21 PM)Mrfishstick Wrote: -Kudzu people are not allowed to randomly start attacking station crew. They can defend themselves if they are attacked.

That includes people attacking the Kudzu itself yes? Since they're part of the Kudzu

That's where the grey area comes in. Honestly I don't trust a lot of people not to go murder hobo on kudzu out of force of habit. If the Kudzu people aren't swallowing up important sections of the station or at least are trying their best to provide alternate paths for people to take around their domain it shouldn't be an issue. But of course some people just gotta "kill the non-human" because no consequences, which is honestly tiresome. 

That being said Kudzu people being a bunch of ass clowns tearing up the station with total disregard to everyone around them making movement a pain and life unbearable? You are totally in your right to show them the hot end of a flamethrower in my book.
Technically Roach people, cow people, pug people and sentient monkeys are considered NON HUMAN by the Wiki too.
But in game we treat them as humans due to reasons.

Same goes for Squid People, Frog people and Ambassadors that are clearly aliens and such for reasons too.
But guard buddies do flash Frog People and Squid people.

Kudzu people are however IGNORED by guard buddies...

So yes, the crew ARE in game allowed to kill Kudzu people without the ADMIN'S WRATH coming down right away technically, but don't do it since it's kinda rude to kill a Kudzu person for no reason and you might get a slap on the wrist.
Infact the AI/Borgs can still harm them too without worry, but if they are ordered to kill Kudzu people without a higher command or law preventing it. They are 100% in the clear... since at that point the player ordering the AI/Borg to do this that are GUILTY. So borgs don't be afraid to kill Kudzu people if ordered.

Kudzu people may defend themselves or the kudzu they spread. If you remove Kudzu and they see it, they may attack you since they are part of the hivemind, again murder hoboing kudzu control is still not nice, but "allowed"

Remember Admins can decide if your behaviour within the rules can still be warned about. Just cause the rules allow it doesn't mean you should.

So there it's cleared up, but if the captain or HoS decide you may NOT HARM THE KUDZU PEOPLE! You will brigged and baton'd.

So use your own discretion.. if you become a kudzu person and someone starts murdering you for NO REASON but KUDZU PERSON. You may Ahelp it, cause it's considered rude to just kill someone cause they are a Kudzu person even if the rules apply it. Murder hoboing kudzu people for no reason is still an ahelpable offense.
Same as murdering a changeling/vampire/arcfiend when you see them doing anything remotely of their antag abillities. While technically allowed.. they antag can Ahelp it since you are trying to kill someone right away insted of doing justice.
(05-22-2022, 05:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Technically Roach people, cow people, pug people and sentient monkeys are considered NON HUMAN by the Wiki too.

no longer the case
(05-22-2022, 05:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Technically Roach people, cow people, pug people and sentient monkeys are considered NON HUMAN by the Wiki too.

Same goes for Squid People, Frog people and Ambassadors that are clearly aliens and such for reasons too.
But guard buddies do flash Frog People and Squid people.

Kudzu people are however IGNORED by guard buddies...

So yes, the crew ARE in game allowed to kill Kudzu people without the ADMIN'S WRATH coming down right away technically, but don't do it since it's kinda rude to kill a Kudzu person for no reason and you might get a slap on the wrist.
Infact the AI/Borgs can still harm them too without worry, but if they are ordered to kill Kudzu people without a higher command or law preventing it. They are 100% in the clear... since at that point the player ordering the AI/Borg to do this that are GUILTY. So borgs don't be afraid to kill Kudzu people if ordered.

Kudzu people may defend themselves or the kudzu they spread. If you remove Kudzu and they see it, they may attack you since they are part of the hivemind, again murder hoboing kudzu control is still not nice, but "allowed"

Remember Admins can decide if your behaviour within the rules can still be warned about. Just cause the rules allow it doesn't mean you should.

So there it's cleared up, but if the captain or HoS decide you may NOT HARM THE KUDZU PEOPLE! You will brigged and baton'd.

So use your own discretion.. if you become a kudzu person and someone starts murdering you for NO REASON but KUDZU PERSON. You may Ahelp it, cause it's considered rude to just kill someone cause they are a Kudzu person even if the rules apply it. Murder hoboing kudzu people for no reason is still an ahelpable offense.
Same as murdering a changeling/vampire/arcfiend when you see them doing anything remotely of their antag abillities. While technically allowed.. they antag can Ahelp it since you are trying to kill someone right away insted of doing justice.
Another post, by an admin, said the crew are allowed to freely kill Kudzu people. You shouldn't ahelp if you're killed as a valid target for the crew. Furthermore, I would ahelp the HoS/Sec or Cap if they're arresting you for killing the kudzu people.
ty ty to everyone doing clarification on this, long been an issue I wondered about too.
(05-21-2022, 10:21 PM)Mrfishstick Wrote: There's a wiki page for them being worked on but in the meantime just to clarify things:

-Kudzu people are not allowed to randomly start attacking station crew. They can defend themselves if they are attacked.

I've gotten conflicting information on the last point from admins before.  Is that a new decision?
(05-22-2022, 12:30 PM)Mouse Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 10:21 PM)Mrfishstick Wrote: There's a wiki page for them being worked on but in the meantime just to clarify things:

I've gotten conflicting information on the last point from admins before.  Is that a new decision?
In the last town hall I was told they were on the same level as cluwnes
(05-22-2022, 08:15 AM)mralexs Wrote: Another post, by an admin, said the crew are allowed to freely kill Kudzu people. You shouldn't ahelp if you're killed as a valid target for the crew. Furthermore, I would ahelp the HoS/Sec or Cap if they're arresting you for killing the kudzu people.

There is something called the "Don't kill on 1st sight" rule. On RP it's the whole: "Antags are the spice of life, don't kill them right away"
But I call it, don't kill something cause "The rules allow it"

An admin says: "Yes it's fine to kill Kudzu people/Cluwnes"
Killing them on 1st sight (aka when they spawned or such) is a major faux pas.

As I said in another post...just cause you see someone using a Changeling/Vampire Power or Traitor item or Someone using magic, doesn't give you the right to Kill them on Sight either. There is such a thing as friendly Antagonists or Goofy ones who do non killing gimmicks.
Especially with Changelings and Vampires as they are confirmed "NON HUMANS" like monkeys.
Sure in RP you have the benefit of doubt on Classic not so much.

So killing Kudzu people just cause they are Kudzu people and the rules say it's okay. Just cause you can do it... doesn't mean you should.
Thus if captain/hos/security wants to protect it... and you ahelp it.. you look like a jerk, cause despite what you think.
Kudzu people do have benefits as well like healing people and doing botany stuff anywhere without costing power.
Cluwnes are just annoying, but again they aren't a threat.

Also Cal thanks for the article.
So players becoming monkeys are technically also "free to kill" acording to the rules since they ain't human.
I also notice the lack of FROG PEOPLE. Unless frogs are frog people and normal frogs fall under critter criteria.
(INFACT IF YOU READ THE RULES OF THE ARTICLE IT SAYS KILLING THEM CAUSE THEY ARE NON HUMAN CAN BE CONSIDERED GRIEF!) <--Big edit

Essentially put Kudzu People/Cluwnes are the "Grey zone" but in my opinion... Killing a player cause they are something non human is kinda stupid and just an excuse to murderbone.... so if you see a Kudzu person, ask command, if command gives the kill command you can.
Same as growing weed, since technically weed is contraband and security may come down on your ass for it, yet almost every shift someone grows weed and security ignores it. So yea... don't use technicallities to attack and ruin other player's fun.

When it should be fine to kill a kudzu/cluwne is when you see them harming someone or doing something against the "command rules" or "harming someone thats not self defense" So yes... if you suspect they are up to no good, killing them is 100% fine in my book then. Since that's the risk of playing those things.
if they're valid via rules, they're valid on rp. admins have said this before.