Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
make it so you can turn off talk show host/radio messages
listen sometimes someone is having a lot of fun being a radio host or talk show host or whatever and like. good for them, but it's annoying to you personally. they're not breaking any rules, so you can't ahelp it, and also you're never in a billion years going to convince them to shut up by asking.

now there is hot pink text filling your screen, obscuring anything anyone's actually trying to say to you, and you can't do anything about it. here's where my suggestion comes in: take your headset off, push a button on it, and you stop receiving transmissions from the "broadcast radio" section of main radio - to be clear, that's the hot pink text broadcast on 145.9.

as another way to implement it, maybe radio could be moved to a separate signal from main that all headsets have access to, but that they can turn off? i don't mean this idea as like. an attack on the radio/talk show host jobs, i've seen funny bits from them and have had fun as radio host myself, but it's. really bizarre that there's a whole separate section of radio that's explicitly for doing a bit that doesn't have to be, and often isn't, related to the shit happening on the station but is inseparable from the radio you use to talk about shit that's happening on the station.

also hi this is my first post sorry if it is shit!
Yes, sometimes it just gets hard to focus on other chats. I'd love either of these ideas.
It is kinda annoying when the Radio host is doing a bit and I am trying to coordinate with several departments as a captain... I can't follow it well since the radio host's bit with guests is flooding my already flooded radio headset.
Thus I am surrpised it took this long to suggest this.

Maybe since most radio hosts do not flood the chat, but I think some of us should be able to turn off the radio as a player.
It would be a huge quality of life feature yeah. I often do not even read the radio chatter and have learned to just filter it out by color, though it still clogs the chat.
I try to do radio show host, but it’s near impossible as everyone just automatically tuned out the RSH. I won’t lie, I do too, it’s extremely hard not to. I think any alternative solution would be preferable, as crewside gets their chat clogged up, and the host just feels ignored, it’s in a solid lose lose right now
(05-21-2022, 05:18 PM)Yellow Wrote: I try to do radio show host, but it’s near impossible as everyone just automatically tuned out the RSH. I won’t lie, I do too, it’s extremely hard not to. I think any alternative solution would be preferable, as crewside gets their chat clogged up, and the host just feels ignored, it’s in a solid lose lose right now

Agreed, also the radio host has no reason to use general since you have the transmitter infront of you.
The only reason if they arent at the station.

So now they gotta advertise over general to listen in to the show or use PDA advertisment. In my opinion it's a win win being able to turn it off.
You do have an announcement computer as well. If you are patient you could possibly do your shtick between songs ads and the consoles cooldown. People might start tuning out all announcements instead of the radio which is a whole other problem but at least it wouldn’t be an endless stream of radio chat to lose your door open request from.
(05-22-2022, 07:20 AM)DioChasek Wrote: You do have an announcement computer as well. If you are patient you could possibly do your shtick between songs ads and the consoles cooldown. People might start tuning out all announcements instead of the radio which is a whole other problem but at least it wouldn’t be an endless stream of radio chat to lose your door open request from.

Ironically I do tune out these too already. Most announcements are either: "Clown being funny" "Someone pretending to be captain" "Pointless" "Information I know during a crisis" OR.... " Early shuttle call"

Luckily I always see them but unlike the radio one.. I don't tune it out completely since I do see it. I don't mind this at all.
Maybe just increase the timing of the radio announcement to 5 mins insted.