Hos Application - Keli King
 [b]Usual character name: Keli King
[/b]

BYOND username: Jaklz
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Ding Dong #7212

Recommended by (if applicable):

Goon servers you play: Mainly Goonstation 1 while 3 and 4 interchangeably based on whichever has the highest player count

Reason for application: [b]Whenever I play security, I almost always notice a lack of an HoS. Whenever that's the case, I can see that the security division is divided and sporadic in handling situations besides a few exceptions and whenever there is an HoS, the department is more organized and can handle situations since the HoS is usually on the radio communicating with the team about said problems. While the operations are not always successful, they tend to be more effective in implementing a countermeasure to whatever is causing chaos in the station, such as a blob. With that in mind, I believe I can serve the security division well as Hos since I'm almost always roaming around the station looking out for "trouble." I've matured as a sec officer taking the job seriously but not too seriously that no one has any fun, and I think I've finally earned the "Big boots" and the funny hat everyone likes to talk about.[/b]

Security experience (300 word minimum): When I first started out as a secoff several months ago, I was obviously not the best at it, having no idea how to do much of anything aside from understanding that I had to maintain some kind of order inside the station, but after giving it a few more rounds I managed to learn the basics of the role and managed to enjoy doing it but not without some bumps and hurdles, but I can thank the HoS's who helped me learn how to act as a sec off properly. Now, whenever I play Sec, I usually patrol the hallways and interact with people I see doing interesting things, and when appropriate, I follow along in their shenanigans. Like the recent trend of setting up a rage cage, and sometimes I will briefly watch it being built before continuing on my walks around the station. Whenever the game spawns me inside security checkpoints, I will decide to man the checkpoints since, from what I've seen whenever I'm on goonstation, it's not the most common thing you'll see officers tasked with doing or dedicating time to. In one of my more recent rounds, I had the ability to direct new players to specific areas of the station while also giving a sec assistant some advice on what to do and what he should do when the round started. I also had the chance to assist the chef in defeating a monkey, and after that, I headed to the security department to drop off my Data Disk since I've learned the hard way when I don't go to medical. It's always a good idea to drop off the disk, and because I've done so, it's saved my ass a few times after I've died. With all of these experiences, I've discovered that playing security is one of the most enjoyable roles to play (in my opinion). It's quickly become a favourite of mine, with me playing several sec rounds before changing roles whenever I play on goon or having it be the only role I play while playing on Goonstation for however long I decide to play for the day.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    To not do what I did and just assume you can figure things out on your own, this stuff can take a while to learn how to do correctly where everyone can have a fun and, most importantly, fair experience. It's always a good idea to ask fellow officers for advice on dealing with certain antags and problematic crewmates. They can also help you learn about how to properly set the timer on the jail cell where it's fair for whoever has been thrown inside for longer than they deserve. Communication between officers is essential because the whole sec department ceases to function productively without it. With proper Communication, you can save your fellow officers or yourself from a dangerous situation that could result in your death. A final note of advice is utilizing good judgment when acting as a security officer because it is YOUR job to maintain order and arrest antags and problematic crew. When you use proper judgement, you can sometimes save yourself from embarrassment from either arresting the wrong person or finding yourself in more trouble than you'd expect. Because at the end of the day, it's YOUR responsibility to maintain a fun and safe station 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    One of my favourite moments playing security happened a few days ago when cargo, as to be expected, declared itself an independent nation and excluded itself from the rest of the station, even deciding to aid one of the antags of the round. My team and I decided out of the entire chaotic situation with the clown being the clown and killing random things, including the AI, that we should deal with the cargo situation first. We raided cargo with our batons out and ready to arrest the perps, only to discover that everyone had left or simply migrated to another portion of the station. All we found was a simple scientist who had managed to trap himself inside the room with a forcefield. We let him go and laughed at ourselves for building up the tension just for it to flop like that.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When I'm part of a full or partial security team, I will go about my usual business, grab my equipment, change my uniform to the police uniform (My favourite!) and leave my data disk on the desk and then heading out to patrol the station and observe the behaviour of the crew and keep an eye out for any funny business that might be going on and just generally having a relaxed round until something comes up and I'm called, or I go deal with the issue I find before resuming my patrol. When I'm alone, I will follow my schedule as per usual while also maintaining a close eye on comms looking out for trouble as I do while waiting for more officers to join the round. Once a sufficient number of officers have joined, or an HoS joins, I will then follow my regular habits, maintaining a slightly relaxed view on the radio while looking out for trouble. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    A small gimmick I would love to run before everyone splits off to do their own thing is to assign people to squads or some sort of partnership gig with everyone wearing police uniforms and following proper radio terminologies, such as when responding to a call having the acknowledgement be 10-4 over and out or something similar. Just to throw a tiny bit of realism inside our wacky fart-filled station.
  • Draw a picture!
    I am a terrible artist; however, I believe my drawing here will knock your socks off.

[b][Image: gx0ejRXMYjKnf0EWCQZAC52ZGc7LhWmYkfuJQVub...pvMrcjtDhQ][/b]

[b]Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have received no bans on goonstation[/b]
Officered already a few times with Keli and have nothing bad to say.
Keli knows how to handle threads at the station, seems always very calm, treats arrested antags very fair and is a great asset to the Security team overall, so +1
Played two shifts with you today on RP (one with you as Sec, other as Cap) where you conducted yourself very well in both instances. You seemed communicative and engaged in the round. I didn't witness anything that would suggest that you don't have the chops to fit the role or grow into it.

Can't give you a proper +1 as these might've been the only rounds we've played together, but I hope you keep putting in time as Sec and we get to run into each other again!
Having played more shifts with you over the past week, happy to toss in a +1. You've got a good eye for detail, seem to be fair and engage with the crew appropriately, properly escalate situations, communicate well with the Sec team and crew as a whole. You generally seem to be aiming to make the round more fun for all, and attitude is half of what being a HoS is about.

Good luck and if it doesn't happen this time around, keep putting in the shifts, making your name known, and I've no doubt you'll have players supporting you.

+1
+1, Good Officer.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!