Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds southern trait
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE]

About the PR
Adds a new frontal gyrus mutation, and accompanying trait, to the game. The mutation will cause you to speak with a southern drawl. It's hard to explain simply, so I've fed this description into it to demonstrate.

Adds a new frontal gyrus mutation, n' accompanyin' tra't, t' th' game. Th' mutation will cause y'all t' speak with a south'rn drawl. It's hard t' explain simply, so I've fed th's description int' 't t' demonstrate.

Overall, it's pretty light as far as text mangling goes. Most words should survive largely unchanged.

Why's this needed?

Space Station 13's speech mutation system is interesting, but there aren't many options for mutations that leave the majority of your input unchanged. This aims to offer an option for that while also filling a gap that some players are currently filling by hand on the RP servers.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Xootdoot
(+)Added a southern language mutation and trait. Cowboy hat not included.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I don't know about replacing the "i"s with apostrophes. To me, "tra't" reads like "trah t" instead of "trayt", and rather than "th's" they'd just say "this" or "thies" if you wanted to go heavy on it.
seconding that replacing i is weird, especially for a vocal thing that claims not to garble text as much as the others
Replace Well now with Well'n. There for Thar, you for ya.

'Well'n I think I can take care of that thar for ya.'
(05-21-2022, 07:36 PM)Harry Wizard Wrote: Replace Well now with Well'n. There for Thar, you for ya.

'Well'n I think I can take care of that thar for ya.'

"thar" feels more pirate to me i don't think i've ever heard a southern accent make there sound like thar. like it still sounds southern but i wouldn't spell it differently. i've also never heard well'n but i guess i'd believe it
For=fer ya thar is old southern like bad western. Like theres gold in them thar hills