Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Avocado Crop Mutation Proposal
Lightbulb 
PROPOSAL:
Add Avesado, a crop mutation of Avocado. Much like Free-range Egg-plants, the Avesado can be obtained randomly or by the optional infusion of Eggnog. Avesado fruits contain Egg reagent, but are not eggs. When examined, it says (for example) "Suspiciously egg-like." Their sprite is the Avocado resprited as an egg. Which bird's egg is up to the spriter: chicken, quail, robin, etc.

RATIONALE:
  • Aves is the taxonomic class of birds. "Avesado" is a portmanteau of "Aves" & "Avocado".
  • The Avocado plant lacks a crop mutation. This adds one.
  • Avocados have an egg-like shape, and the seed and flesh of an avocado are like the yolk and whites of an egg.
  • Free-range Egg-plant's associated reagent is Nicotine, not Egg, and they cannot be propagated since the eggs they produce cannot be put into the PlantMaster. Since Avesados are not eggs, they can be put into the PlantMaster for propagation and their Egg reagent can splice into other plants.
    • I want to make eggnog cigarettes, hence my emphasis that Avesados are not eggs but contain egg reagent.

FURTHER DIRECTIONS:
I am not suggesting that all or any of these be implemented, but if somebody wants Avesados to have more beyond being just another fruit, here are some ideas for after the initial round of implementation gets them in:
  • Avesados can have varying appearance, much like the eggs of birds (blue, speckled, etc.).
  • Avesados splatter like eggs when thrown.
  • Avesados can be used as egg substitutes in recipes.

I'll also mention that changing the associated reagent of Free-range Egg-plants from Nicotine to Egg would be adequate for the eggnog cigarettes I mentioned since the egg reagent could be spliced much like White Radweed, but I think adding a new mutation for Avocado, which currently lacks one, would be more fun.
Sounds fine. Either that or an avocado toast plant. While we are on the topic of bizarre plant mutations, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ma7-M4r4M
(05-19-2022, 12:23 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Sounds fine. Either that or an avocado toast plant. While we are on the topic of bizarre plant mutations, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ma7-M4r4M

Avocado Toast plant by infusing Avocado with bread reagent like the Peanutbutter Sandwich plant sounds great.
Just realized soybeans extract into Space-Soybean Oil, not milk. sad greater domestic space-bee
If you put the soybeans in the food processor you get your milk.
I'm all for more botany mutations, but this one seem rather limited. You can allready make eggnog by having your final splice be a free range eggplant I'm pretty sure. You get milk from latte coffee.
I think we need more splicing mutations too.
You know if you splice X + Y = Z then Z mutates into 29.
(05-19-2022, 11:30 PM)Decarcassor Wrote: I'm all for more botany mutations, but this one seem rather limited. You can allready make eggnog by having your final splice be a free range eggplant I'm pretty sure. You get milk from latte coffee.

I just realized this after re-reading the wiki page. D'oh! Gonna try making eggnog eggs, thanks!