Mentor Application: RubberRats (Sergeio/Tony Favero)
I've been... on the fence about +1ing or -1ing for the longest time but I haven't really been able to put into words why. I'm still not entirely sure I can so I apologize if this comes out somewhat incomprehensible

you know quite a bit about the game, for sure. I have little to no doubt about that. but from what I've observed you don't really go out of your way to share this knowledge, especially with people you don't know. and, like, it's not BAD to be reserved in general, but it's also kind of counterintuitive when applying for mentor, especially when I can't tell if the antipathy your character is expressing for the general populace of the station over the public comms is IC or OOC. from my limited scope of observation you don't really make yourself accessible to people you don't already know, and that ends up hurting my ability to give proper feedback here. instead of putting yourself in the heads of the players around you and seeing if any of them need help, it almost seems as if you're disgusted at the thought. I can't really give a +1 to someone who ends up seeing the people they're supposed to be there to help like that

additionally, I'm concerned about how personally you seem to take the prospect of getting mentorship. I can't read your mind, of course, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like you see the application process perhaps as a gauge of your worth as a person to some degree, which is Absolutely Not what it is, and will Absolutely Not give you a good mindset going into things. I don't want to say this is the case for sure, but it is something I'm concerned about. treating mentorship like some kind of status symbol only really leads to bad things, so if that's what's going on, I'd really recommend reconsidering what you're doing this for deep down

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mentor Application: RubberRats (Sergeio/Tony Favero) - by Waffleloffle - 06-26-2022, 01:40 PM