Mentor Application: RubberRats (Sergeio/Tony Favero)
Usual character name: Sergeio Favero, Tony Favero, occasionally others
BYOND username: RubberRats
Discord username (if you are on our discord): RubberRats#8419
Recommended by (if applicable): -
Goon servers you play: 3/4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I remember the moment when I truly began to feel like I was a part of the community. I was an engineer tending to a middling chamber burn on Hiesenbee. At this point I had been playing the game for months, and while I had spent a significant portion of that time lurking in the engine room, my confidence in working the thermoelectric generator was still limited. Eventually another engineer joins and offers to make improvements to my setup. I agree, and after seeing the output climb from a few megawatts into the gigawatt range and beyond, finally ask him how he got the engine to produce so much power. The next round he took me and a handful of others under his wing and taught us how to do a pipeburn. This was the start of a months-long period of engine experimentation. The experience gave me something to connect with other people with, and I made many good friends during that time. I still hold it in my highest regard. When I try to teach people myself, I wish I could give the experience I had that day back to people. 
I started playing in March 2021, on the classic servers. Eight months ago, I started moving more towards the RP servers.  During the year plus that I have played this game, the majority of my time was spent in engineering, medical and mining, all of which I have a fairly comprehensive knowledge base in. To a lesser extent, I have some degree of experience in botany, science, and silicons. More recently you may have seen me in security or as a janitor. I like being able to know every aspect of whatever job I’m currently playing, which has driven me to dive into some of the game’s more esoteric mechanics (the aforementioned pipeburn, the chemicompiler, packets somewhat).
Looking back, I owe much to that engineer who taught me how to do a pipeburn. While I don’t spend nearly as much time in engineering as I used to, it was still a critical moment for my time here. I will never forget how it felt to be a part of that, hanging out and learning in the engine room with a handful of others. Whenever I take a new player under my wing for a shift, that is the example I try to emulate. I want other people to experience what I did. That is why I want to be a mentor.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None, to my knowledge
I've been... on the fence about +1ing or -1ing for the longest time but I haven't really been able to put into words why. I'm still not entirely sure I can so I apologize if this comes out somewhat incomprehensible

you know quite a bit about the game, for sure. I have little to no doubt about that. but from what I've observed you don't really go out of your way to share this knowledge, especially with people you don't know. and, like, it's not BAD to be reserved in general, but it's also kind of counterintuitive when applying for mentor, especially when I can't tell if the antipathy your character is expressing for the general populace of the station over the public comms is IC or OOC. from my limited scope of observation you don't really make yourself accessible to people you don't already know, and that ends up hurting my ability to give proper feedback here. instead of putting yourself in the heads of the players around you and seeing if any of them need help, it almost seems as if you're disgusted at the thought. I can't really give a +1 to someone who ends up seeing the people they're supposed to be there to help like that

additionally, I'm concerned about how personally you seem to take the prospect of getting mentorship. I can't read your mind, of course, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like you see the application process perhaps as a gauge of your worth as a person to some degree, which is Absolutely Not what it is, and will Absolutely Not give you a good mindset going into things. I don't want to say this is the case for sure, but it is something I'm concerned about. treating mentorship like some kind of status symbol only really leads to bad things, so if that's what's going on, I'd really recommend reconsidering what you're doing this for deep down
I havent had too many experiences with you in total, so I cant give a thorough +1, I just wanted to say, waffle's comment in mind, you pulled me aside once unexpectedly when I was clown to talk to me in a more meaningful and deeper sense, and even if I only had cliche things to offer, that moment felt really nice to be a part of.

also the open art studios you host as chaplain have been moments and spots of peace and inclusion into a fun little project/gimmick for the round. im really grateful that you've been coming out of your shell more to connect with other players and seem to have taken prior guidance to heart, because you really have a lot of good to offer.

keep on the good path, and if not now, you have the seedlings of being a good mentor sometime in the future. for now, you have hit a spot where I think you're flourishing as a good player.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!