HoS Application - Relt Rockwell
Usual character name: Relt Rockwell
BYOND username: Redbacko
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Animal#6541
Recommended by (if applicable): Bob Guy
Goon servers you play: Mostly Goon2 but learned to love 1 as well

Reason for application:
Well to be perfectly honest, it could be that it is still a little bit too early for me but I think for one to be a good HoS one must play HoS as well and in the long run I want to be there.
Besides that, I'm not saying that every Security Team needs a HoS to be efficient but it helps a lot when it comes to clear decision making and can turn Shitsec into the Security Team the station needs and wants.
So why me you ask? Personally I think that I have a good understanding about the importance between Antags and Security, both which is needed to have a entertaining round for everyone. I've seen Antags go wild, killing everyone and also Sec validhunting everyone. I want to be the balance when signing up as HoS.
Also AI access will come in handy, nothing more depressing having a kill law inserted and standing outside of upload, hoping that a head will sort it out. I understand why but for a (almost) guaranteed good guy, sec has rather limited access.
ALSO, and probably most important... DRIP. Wouldn't mind exchanging my blue wannabe beret with the real deal.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Aight so, I've played a bunch of Sec the past months. Probably started the wrong way with it but over time it became my most favorite Job of them all.
Not knowing what and whom you're up against, randomized every round, that makes the beauty about it.

As probably everyone else I started learning the game with a rather low-key job. Jumping to a head role again too early, but I was not half bad if I do say so myself.
Learning jobs, messing around and all. One day, a ling stung me and dragged me to escape. Thought I was done for, but suddenly a Secoff shows up, saving my butt. From this day on I said to myself, that I want to be just like that guy, saving people from a miserable situation. 
So this is where it (somewhat) started.

Well long story short, at the beginning I was probably a shitsec myself. Overgearing and heavy on the trigger finger. Not knowing what the SecHud overheads meant and just trying to fight the evil. Turns out that half the crew is kinda evil at times.
A good example for my noob secoff experience would be getting bullied at Mechlab by mining and greytides, pulling out the stun guns, being disarmed and whoops. The whole station suddenly got batons via Item Scanner. (Side note: This was also probably the lowest I felt playing as Secoff, airlocking myself a few minutes after trying and failing to fix it)
BUTT! This was also the moment I learned the most about Sec. Mainly two things:
   *Balance. If half the station has stun batons the cycle of the station gets lost. Antags having a terrible time and no more amongus.
   *Ease on the trigger and the mind. None of the individuals were suspected Antags. Instead of trying to stun a bunch of people, talking about the situation would             have been the way to go

It took me a few days to overcome this incident BUT this was the turning point to a proper Secoff for me.
I started to communicate a lot more, brig a Vamp only for 1 min at roundstart who failed to suck someone dry, be nice to the crew, help them out as much as possible and feed them donuts.

I knew about the Sec Teaming and coms before playing it due to being AI. What I did not experience was the relation between sec and the crew.... which is and will probably be always a hate-love relationship. 

Well, since then and counting myself as a "proper" Secoff now, I've busted nukies, vamps, traitors, wolfs, even Floor Goblins. Have and have been busted by mindslave secs too, so guess that the unknown. But most of it can be calculated somewhat.

...Hope you liked me Secoff history. Apologize for the rambling.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Everyone knows (or should know) about leaving the disk. More importantly. LEARN THE SECHUD OVERHEADS. Nothing worse than killing a non-revhead by mistaking the blue 'L' with a blue 'R'
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Playing: Probably robusting a bunch of nukies with a shotgun and saving the round... Actually probably every nukie round is fav.
    Putting Cap into a brig while he commanded like 2-3 Engies to break into Sec office was also fun tbh.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    As mentioned above. It is to easy to mistake a normal rev with a revhead.
    Also Sec department needs more drip. Make some neat looking alternative to the armor vest or smth.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    Aight so alone: It depends on the population and situation of course but I play it way more serious. Less social interaction and more running around. Not really trusting to take anything from anyone and keeping me distance from people ideally. Bob suggested to take a Medkit which came in handy already. Also less drip. No Cigar for the inventory space.
    Full Team: Way more relaxed and interactive with the crew. Knowing not only that someone (hopefully) has my back but that the station will not be left alone if I'm gone. Also more drip. Cigar takes two spaces with the lighter but totally worth it.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Heisenbee oh Heisenbee. Your stripes are so black, NanoTrasen got your back. For we may die but never let you cry. Feed and sleep as you want as RDs are puns locked up. We may let you down but we always shall be one. .... something like that???? 
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Guard EVERY Sec member with a C Saber toy and force them to hit people nonstop for the first 10 minutes. Would be worth a demotion.
  • Draw a picture!
    --- Not a big drawer so I would like to suggest a song which I tend to listen while playing Sec instead. *wink* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gre-o_ts...rt_radio=1

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
There has been one yes. When I started playing, I only knew how to make TTVs really.... Oh the irony. I got banned for blowing up Security.
Did not know any other way to sort out a shitsec situation back then. Did not even know that farting on someones face is a thing sooo... sorry?
Absolute +1. He’s comms active, punishes fairly, puts things where they belong.
Also he has a cool beard like me
I played a few rounds with this fella and he and I handled issues very well so i'd say +1 from me
Not sure if this application is still in consideration, but a definite +1 from me. Relt is kind, responsive and knows how to step up and help lead during a crisis. I've seen him play sec often enough, and he definitely respects player guidelines and facilitates interactions between sec and antags with frequent communication. He's a reliable secoff on 2 that I always know will drop what he's doing during a crisis and come help the rest of us.
Aight folks. First of all.
I really appreciate the feedback from y'all. Was not sure what to expect and open for negative ones too... turns out the quantity is is issue big grin

Anyway. George, we met many times for sure, but never really got into talking I think. Each doing their own stuff normally.
However, your recommendation to a lost cause, out of the blue, got me inspired again. Hence I would like to thank you especially.

Second.
Personally I'm really unhappy with this application overall.
Thought about the idea to apply for a few days back then but was always too much effort.. Hence one day I sat down, drunkenly coming up with the above application. ... Don't get me wrong, I mean what I said but the quality just dropped massively over time, the more you read.
For instance, the gimmick question is a joke. But beer and quick, quick.
The Nanostrasen approved Spy would be a good story to tell instead butt here we are...

Long story short. @Admemes.
If possible I would like to bury this application and try again on a later date after abandoning Goon2 and playi.... Uh I mean putting out my name a bit more.
With ya Okay I'll try to apply again after August the 26th. Because after all, Sec is the most important and misunderstood department which I would love to tame.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!