Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Item: Audiocart Implant
Ok, so one thing that I love, but that is criminally underused, is the audio recorders. You have to have one to play tapes, there's only a few, and they're obtrusive to use. So how about a secondary kind of recorder? Here's my idea: Give mechanics something they can create called a "Personal Log Implant". When implanted in someone, whenever they say "Personal Log: yadda yadda yadda" it records whatever they say. If they die, the implant automatically ejects a cartridge from the corpse with their log on it. The cartridge can be slotted into a PDA and read as a text file. You can even add cartridges to some of the special places so we can hear the final thoughts of biodome researchers or crew that crash into the debris field!

Pros:
More content to fun areas
Extra ways to add in logs beside the few recorders scattered around the station
Easier to use than recorders
Won't replace recorders, since it only records what the person is saying, and not everything around him as well
Gives more reason for people to keep their PDAs
If an implantee is mortally wounded, but gets away, can cough out a final message implicating the murderer!

Cons:
I dunno, you tell me?
Possibly difficult to code? Not sure
I love personal recordings and I would use the audio recorder more often, but every time I've tried I fiddle with the buttons on the damn thing and nothing happens and I end up throwing it away in frustration.
But I see one problem with the whole point out the murderer from byond the grave thing.
If the cart pops out after death, the murderer would obviously notice. Maybe if the body would have to be examined in a certain way?
Like give it a gentle push on the neck to have the cart eject or something. But then its so obscure the detective wouldn't even think to check if he had one because nobody would use it because nobody checks.
Its a vicious circle.
Just have it pop out UNDER the body. Takes a half-second to check but isn't damningly subtle
It pops out under the body because the victim farts it out. v
But no, it's not supposed to be damningly subtle. A traitor will know when a victim is recording, because the dude starts yelling "PERSONAL LOG: I AM BEING KILLED BY DICK BUTTKISS!" It would only be super useful in murders if someone is mortally wounded but gets away, and can quietly record his will in a maintenance hallway or something.

Maybe there should also be an option to manually eject logs? It would allow for a bit more flexibility on the part of the user, and could also create fun times by a clever traitor using it along with a voice changer for his murders get in not go out
Maybe a simple command to toggle auto-eject?

Also forensic scanners should make these show up so that cops don't have to be in surgery every time a guy dies

This would also be pretty cool as a PDA program, if it was built in with all of them.