Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Can we make wizards unable to use batons yet
Please.
i saw a pr request that prevented wizards from using tech weapons but i don't know if that ever got anywhere

me personally i would like it if wizards could no longer just hoard guns/batons (but had it available as a costly passive ability to purchase at round start)
Well as it stands you at least have a chance to get your gear back right now. A change that makes wizards unable to use tech means captured sec gear will be disposed of in the crusher. Either way you look at it the wizard comes out ahead.
You could put a restriction on it that the wizard cannot touch technology themselves as it shocks them easily. This is a reason why they fight their war so aggresively? SOME NICE LORE BUILDING!

Of course some tech is fine, just certain NT tech just shocks them for no reason and pisses em off like batons and tazers.

This also means Wizards now may want to employee minions to drag them away since they can't touch that tech.
lets just make it so non-sec cant do anything but fart and die
(05-16-2022, 01:38 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i saw a pr request that prevented wizards from using tech weapons but i don't know if that ever got anywhere

me personally i would like it if wizards could no longer just hoard guns/batons (but had it available as a costly passive ability to purchase at round start)

There's been two separate PRs, both well received.
Well, the last one was reviewed a bit and then closed by the author, so...
I remember reading somewhere that the wizards were "technophobic" so it would make sense that wizards would not be able to use stun and energy weapons. I could be wrong, my memory is not the best.
(05-16-2022, 02:01 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Well as it stands you at least have a chance to get your gear back right now. A change that makes wizards unable to use tech means captured sec gear will be disposed of in the crusher. Either way you look at it the wizard comes out ahead.

at least that requires a conscious effort to do and involves a layer of risk, very easy to get bumrushed in maint and sent into the crusher
(05-16-2022, 01:38 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i saw a pr request that prevented wizards from using tech weapons but i don't know if that ever got anywhere

I still see them shooting me with guns
(05-17-2022, 05:06 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 02:01 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Well as it stands you at least have a chance to get your gear back right now. A change that makes wizards unable to use tech means captured sec gear will be disposed of in the crusher. Either way you look at it the wizard comes out ahead.

at least that requires a conscious effort to do and involves a layer of risk, very easy to get bumrushed in maint and sent into the crusher

You can also throw it out the nearest airlock. Or you could take them back to the wizard lair. Basically still better to have the wizard want to use it and keep it on their person rather than dealing with them getting rid of the hard to replace stun baton. Which honestly easiest fix, why cant we put more batons in either sec lockers or the armory or worst idea have them orderable from the qm?
(05-17-2022, 08:50 PM)DioChasek Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 05:06 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:

You can also throw it out the nearest airlock. Or you could take them back to the wizard lair. Basically still better to have the wizard want to use it and keep it on their person rather than dealing with them getting rid of the hard to replace stun baton. Which honestly easiest fix, why cant we put more batons in either sec lockers or the armory or worst idea have them orderable from the qm?

You can order more.. it's called buying security tokens and they are expensive.
Totally forgot about that. A few spares in the armory wouldn’t be the end of the world imo. That said not being able to use gear at all seems a bit dumb, but what if whenever you put a tech weapon of any kind into your hands all of your spells go on cooldown/reset to the max cooldown if already on cooldown. Discouraging to lose access to spells you may need to escape or defend yourself.
After that you can continue your rampage as per usual but for at least a couple of seconds you have a window where you are relatively open to a counter attack.
(05-18-2022, 08:41 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Totally forgot about that. A few spares in the armory wouldn’t be the end of the world imo. That said not being able to use gear at all seems a bit dumb, but what if whenever you put a tech weapon of any kind into your hands all of your spells go on cooldown/reset to the max cooldown if already on cooldown. Discouraging to lose access to spells you may need to escape or defend yourself.
After that you can continue your rampage as per usual but for at least a couple of seconds you have a window where you are relatively open to a counter attack.

This is a fine idea actually.
A comical play could arise with the crime chem, have a completely discharged phaser put the phaser in their hand by force they lose their spells then you baton the crap out of them.