HOS application Agreywolfe (Jason Wolfe/Wason Jolfe)
Usual character name: Jason Wolfe/Wason Jolfe/Torch
BYOND username: Agreywolfe
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Greywolfe#0117
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3+4

Reason for application: Being able to play HOS/NTSO outside of mentor Friday (also to get feedback)

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Ive been playing Goon for around a year and a half now, I started playing sec on and off a little over a year ago as I wanted to start learning more jobs on station before making my original mentor app. From my initial interactions with the other members of security I had a good feeling that I was doing well as a sec officer on RP however never really felt the need to go for a HOS app.  Before making my mentor app in October I decided to start playing more sec as I wanted to get more experience in the role, and I was starting to enjoy playing the role more. It was during this time that the Tomato tide was in full swing, so I was able to get experience in both small population servers filled with RP regulars and large population servers with a lot of different people and new faces.
              This experience was very beneficial for me as it helped me understand how to adjust to changing situations. While it is fun to RP as a silly sec officer while the clown is trying to pull a funny prank, its also the responsibility of those who play sec to ensure that the people committing crimes and harming the crew are being taken care of. (a personal pet peeve of mine is when sec just lets the vampire blatantly build a thrall army with no recourse).
              After getting mentor status in November I started playing HOS/NTSO on the occasional Friday when I felt like it. I enjoy the ability to take a step back and direct the flow of sec and teach new assistants as well as new players who just don’t know what they can and cannot do when they aren’t an antag. While I will not deny that the stress of the role in the middle of a chaotic round has gotten to me before (and made me take a couple month long break from sec) I have been getting back into sec as of late and enjoying it more and more. Until now I was perfectly fine with only playing HOS/NTSO on Fridays, but lately ive been wanting to play the role even more.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?
Co-escalation is key! As sec you need to adjust your play style to that of the antags of the round. That means at the start of the round dont go murder happy on the antags, but it also means that you shouldn’t spend a whole round chilling with the crew while antags are blowing the place up. Sec needs to escalate force in response to the antags, if the antags are chill and talkative, then you need to be chill and talkative. But when the antag pulls out a weapon and starts going murder happy, then you need to start getting taser happy.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
One of my earliest sec rounds started with a complaint about chemistry doing suspicious things. Nothing out of the ordinary so I decide to go alone to yell at them to not blow the place up. I show up to chemistry to the chemist and two others wearing armored vests. According to them, they were making a fashion statement. Thinking nothing more of it I let it go and continue with my shift.
              About 20 minutes later I get another call about chemistry from a concerned crew member, so I decide to go ask them about what was going on. As it turns out, the second part of their fashion statement was strapping beakers of some strange chemical. I decide to press them over the issue and they come clean that the beakers were full of nitroglycerin (this round was a while ago). I immediately take a step back and ask them why they strapped suicide vests full of nitro to themselves.
              At this point it’s a large standoff between myself and the three in chemlab. The HOS is aware of the issue but opted to back off at my request. The antags go on talking about how people were threatening their fashion statement and the beakers were to ensure their freedom to show fashion. I eventually talk down the two non-chemist bombers under the promise that I would not take their armor from them or arrest them for the threats. The chemist refuses but agrees to keep the bomb inside of chemistry.
              Near the end of the round the chemist calls over the radio threatening to blow up medbay. This leads to the last standoff between me and the chemist. One of the chemists companions had tipped me off that they had swapped out the vest and weren’t actually wearing a bomb. Erring on the side of caution I elect to talk to the chemist to see if the information was correct. Through some skillful questioning I was able to determine that the vest was not a bomb. It’s at this point I decide to start stepping closer to the chemist to try and get him to drop his gear. Unfortunately for me, while the vest he was wearing didn’t have nitro in it, the beaker he was holding was, and the detective was getting too aggressive with them. The chemist panicked and tossed the nitro at the floor before I could react.
              We both blew up, medbay was destroyed, but the shuttle was already on the way. It was this round that taught me that it can usually be a more enjoyable round when you decide to talk to the antags instead of charging in blindly to arrest them at the slightest hint of a threat.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
Violets are blue, Roses are red, Here is the clown, but where is his head?

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Sec community outreach. Send officers to go work in various departments as an assistant in order to drum up support for the security team.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
yeah, +1.

Wolfe's nice to antags and was good at this before mentor whitelist but ive seen some really generous actions from him towards new antags like teaming up with people on their first traitor round to help them do what they wanted. I'd trust him totally to keep people in the round and active as much as he can, and leave metaknowledge to the side. to that extent, I also trust he'd be very interested in teaching new officers sec practice.

good officer, plays with a degree of seriousness but I feel like that's really helped him in staying level. Ive played hos/ntso with him as hos/ntso and we've been dealt some pretty terrible hands, but he maintains the level of calm needed to keep the round moving and recover and recollect quickly. good at rallying the troops.

I see wolfe being a really good whitelist hos; and, dare I say it, MAYBE even jolfe too
While I have not played enough rounds with Jason to fully ascertain whether or not he would be a good fit for HoS, and as such I will not be making a full judgement, there exist a few incidents that leave me hesitant to say that he would be.
One such experience was after I murdered the Captain as a Changeling (Security only saw the death message and heard the accompanying sound effect): Wason brought me to Security to be interrogated and brigged, while the Captian's body was brought to Medbay. Over the Security radio (which I had access to), Wason argued back and forth with Officers and Assistants that the Captain had only been stung with capulettium, and was not in fact dead; the AI even confirmed over the radio that they were.
One of the greatest assets that a Security team could possess is cooperation, and a HoS should be able to foster and encourage this; arguing against several team members and an AI, especially when not present on-scene, is greatly contrary to this. Another gripe I have regarding this incident is you identifying me as a Changeling through suggesting I stung the Captain with capulettium, despite no previous interaction from me with the Security team on the matter. I am aware that there is no RP rule stating that Security Officers do not have access to information regarding alien antags, but nonetheless it is not conducive to good RP if one immediately identifies an antag, and uses knowledge of their abilities to make judgements about what happened at a crime scene.
In other matters, Jason generally seems to be level-headed and active on the radio, he escalates well, but I still remain unsure if the above is an aberration to how he normally plays. Either way, I have not seen enough of him to make a full judgement.

Ahhh, the formatting broke. Apologies for that eyesore.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be August 26. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!