Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
[MERGED PR] Restrict monkey vendor access
a dedicated monkey spawner for security feels kinda redundant
besides that, monkeys are overpowered, i can make use of them in various ways to beat certain types of antags soooooooo
(05-16-2022, 08:06 PM)Nihisohel Wrote: a dedicated monkey spawner for security feels kinda redundant
besides that, monkeys are overpowered, i can make use of them in various ways to beat certain types of antags soooooooo

I never said they get one.. just WHY they should have access to them.
This is about monkey vendor access and why.
Not: "having a vendor themselves"
(05-15-2022, 10:33 AM)DioChasek Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 09:51 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: now for the extra flavor and work load, add small graphical details indicating which type of monkey vendor belongs to which area

Eh easily distinguishable vendors are kind of important. A monkey vendor in genetics should look like a monkey vendor in kitchen just to keep things simple for new players.

I think a minor marking such as a colored stripe would be good.
Scientist also use the monkey vendor to borg monkeys into bots.
(05-18-2022, 01:46 PM)Confuseddp Wrote: Scientist also use the monkey vendor to borg monkeys into bots.

You mean with a borg artifact right? Forgot that one!
its better to monkey clone some antags instead of borging them, giving sec monkey vendor access would let security ensure that the antag is monkey cloned and not borged by a roboticist that sees a spare brain on the floor.
(05-20-2022, 10:02 AM)jckrfc03 Wrote: its better to monkey clone some antags instead of borging them, giving sec monkey vendor access would let security ensure that the antag is monkey cloned and not borged by a roboticist that sees a spare brain on the floor.

What why? What does this mean?
honestly if I was an antag that specifically got monkey cloned to fuck over my ability to be evil I would rather sec just execute me lmao
(05-20-2022, 10:02 AM)jckrfc03 Wrote: its better to monkey clone some antags instead of borging them, giving sec monkey vendor access would let security ensure that the antag is monkey cloned and not borged by a roboticist that sees a spare brain on the floor.

If your talking about antags like changeling, you are better off just borging them, making them a monkey does not make it they are no longer an antag.
I was about to say cloning doesn't remove antag status as far as I am aware. Borging does. Better to borg.
(05-20-2022, 02:56 PM)DioChasek Wrote: I was about to say cloning doesn't remove antag status as far as I am aware. Borging does. Better to borg.

Technically it does not as a borg ether, but with there law set, its assumed they can't do any antag things
Splitting hairs there but yes thats true. There are indeed scenarios where you can borg to hilariously unfortunate results.
cloning people out of bodies with abils is mostly a classic thing with wizards

not that that matters much here now, I look forward to the reduction in monkey uprisings.

Except in genetics, never change, genetics.