Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
[MERGED PR] Restrict monkey vendor access
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE]

About the PR
Adds three types of monkey vendor restricted to kitchen, medical locker or research access. Head access is also able to use any monkey vend.
Replaces existing map vendors with appropriate types.
Adds altered sprites and description to indicate the access level.

[Image: 169327684-66ec66a1-bb73-46e3-a534-8df44ad1418b.png]

Why's this needed?
Stop everyone vending the damn monkeys.
You can still hack the machine to dispense monkeys.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Flappybat & Dimwhat
(*)Due to increasing number of monkey uprisings the Valuchimp vending machines are now access restricted according to their station area.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
literally could not be more in favor of this if I tried
Agreed. I have heard too many times how the clown pushed his way into the kitchen or genecist cage and started vending monkeys nillywilly. Or some player who is doing MONKEY RIGHTS! and was turned into a monkey.
Some are actual antags, but more often then not it's just someone trying to be funny or a miscreant having the "Kill monkeys for money" objective. (and we didnt know till the end of the round)

I do not see why monkey vendors shouldnt be restricted to Sec, Sci, Genetics, Med, Robotcist and the chef/sous chef. (heads included)
Because let's face it... be it classic or RP. It's just uninspiring to start a monkey riot in the 1st 5 mins and too easy to do.
Yes please.

It's horribly frustrating how some staffie and clown will just waltz in a easily create a huge mess.
now for the extra flavor and work load, add small graphical details indicating which type of monkey vendor belongs to which area
(05-15-2022, 09:51 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: now for the extra flavor and work load, add small graphical details indicating which type of monkey vendor belongs to which area

Eh easily distinguishable vendors are kind of important. A monkey vendor in genetics should look like a monkey vendor in kitchen just to keep things simple for new players.
this makes me happy on so many levels
Why doesnt this pr just add access spawners to the vendochimps on maps instead of new variants? Seems more clear for future mappers.
This PR is a blessing. An end to 20 monkeys running out of Oshan genetics roundstart because some staffie thought it would be funny and the dome's accesssibility being a joke.
I ironicly had a round where the clown and a miscreant (non antags) did this shit again.
"Monkey rights!"

Meanwhile Sec had to deal with 2 lings and a traitor....
Clown also commited suicide... and the miscreant got super violent... cause monkey rights.

*SIGHS* If they couldnt access the vendor we wouldnt have monkey riots.
(05-15-2022, 02:55 PM)Ikea Wrote: Why doesnt this pr just add access spawners to the vendochimps on maps instead of new variants? Seems more clear for future mappers.

This would probably be OK but I have found they are at times located in some weird areas so I'm not 100% sure.
The medical one is also on medical locker access, not med access itself.
Maybe the medical one should be put on genetics access? Saying so because the medical vchimp is usually behind a door locked to the genetics access.
There are times medical needs monkeys for either surgery practice for new players or for brain transplants for puritan and other fringe cloning work around. They can probably have access imo.
(05-16-2022, 04:55 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: Maybe the medical one should be put on genetics access? Saying so because the medical vchimp is usually behind a door locked to the genetics access.

but i need monkeys for my weird surgery experiments!!

joking aside, we should think about it. maybe if better that doctors have access as well, they often need monkeys for several reasons...

in general i like the pr, i absolutely support it
Let's just list up wich jobs should have Monkey vendo access and why for transparency sake.

Doctors:
- Surgery practice
- Donor Organs that aren't robotic (rare)
- Monkey cloning (Puritan or unable to clone but brain is still active , but no borging)
- Medicine Testing
- Virus/Parasite testing/curing (IF Virology is reinstated)

Genecists:
- To keep working on genetics without requiring locking a player.
- Putting a collection of mutations on a monkey for storage.

Robotcist:
- Surgery training.
- Making Monkey borgs for fun.

Scientist:
- Using as Monkey shields in adventures/bait
- Chem testing
- Gas testing
- Explosion testing
- Artifact testing
- Any other testing they need a human stand in for.

Chefs:
- Monkey Meat

Security:
- Replacing Stir Stir after he died when the HoS is not looking.
- Crime Bait (for monkey murderers or monkey liberators)
- Target Practice
- Fight training
- Riot Training
- Several other classified reasons.

HoP:
- They just have a soft AA. Why not?
- Monkeys are sorta personell too right?
- They may need to assist a job that needs monkeys.

Captain:
- Has AA, that's the reason.
- It's fun killing monkeys with the sword to assert your dominance
- Testing execution devices.. that was classified.

CE:
- Feed monkeys to the singularity
- Feeding monkeys to a blood hungry engine.

Engineers/Mechanics:
- To simply test if the vendomats work if they ever break down and they fix it.

Anyone else is off the list.
Hopefully that helps reasoning. Though if anyone wants to add or remove a job just say so.