Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Feedback for the new changes to asteroid sprites
First I want to say I love the new changes to perspective but I have a few issues with how this affects mining. I have some screenshots to go along with what I am talking about.

First, you can see the ore on the right and how there is one asteroid tile in between the miner and the ore tiles. With this, you have full visibility of the ore and no issues with spotting it.

[Image: unknown.png]

Now we move on to the next image where we have removed the asteroid tile and have a blank space in between the miner and the ore. My issue here is the ore becomes a lot less visible than how they were before. The top of the tile no longer shows the ore, and although you can see part of the ore from the side it is still much less visible.

Although from the side and bottom of the tile you can still see the ore somewhat, when viewing it from above, it becomes impossible to see the ore.

Here we see the miner and the ore separated by one asteroid tile. There is no visibility issue as this tile acts how it was before the visual change.

Finally, in the last image, the asteroid tile has been mined and the ore tile now changes to the sprite to show the ore on the side of the asteroid. You can now no longer see the ore which makes mining a bit more of a challenge.

My suggestion is to make the ore sprite show the ore on the side and on top of the image, that way they are more visible to the miner. If there is a better place in the forums for me to post this let me know. And if this is better as a bug report I can make it a bug report. I do really like the change I just think visibility is now an issue Thanks and have a nice day!  Sleeping bee
Definitely seems like a bug to me! You should report it if it hasn't been already, it's weird that you'd *lose* visibility of the ore the closer you got to it.
Not a bug, just lack of a feature/sprites/idea/etc to display it.

Mesons should probably still be able to see the tops at all times though.

Just hard to do that.
(05-09-2022, 04:30 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Not a bug, just lack of a feature/sprites/idea/etc to display it.

Just hard to do that.
 Ok, then I won't make the bug report.

(05-09-2022, 04:30 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Not a bug, just lack of a feature/sprites/idea/etc to display it.

Just hard to do that.
 Ok, then I won't make the bug report.