Mentor Application swinglow20(Avery Alekseev, at-L.A.S.)
Disclaimer - I have had almost no time to properly play this game (like more than one round every few weeks) for the past couple months so anything said here is not going to be the most up-to-date.

So when I first started playing, I honestly wasn't the best player in terms of understanding the general vibe around here, and I know I butted heads with a few people. However, I distinctly remember you specifically singling me out and for months after creating conflicts with myself over small things which lead to me logging off in an awful mood in a lot of those circumstances. That said, over the past year or so there's definitely been a big upward trajectory, and I see a lot less of those same behaviours. I think you are still a bit inflammatory at times, but it's generally very well reasoned and I can't recall ever seeing you do anything recently that'd be considered "over the line". You give out just punishments and are able to separate IC conflict and OOC conflict, meaning that any issues you have with another character are just about roleplaying, and they die when the round ends.

Reading this application, it seems like you are absolutely aware of what I'm trying to put into words here, and that's great to hear. I hope you can continue reflecting on and improving on yourself, which in my opinion is the single most important quality for a mentor (and honestly just about anything else, it really is an incredible skill). I've seen you help new players even when it puts you at a disadvantage, I've seen you put up with a whole lot of shit without losing your cool, and I've seen you enjoy the fuck out of this game. Easy +1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mentor Application swinglow20(Avery Alekseev, at-L.A.S.) - by AmazingDragons - 06-14-2022, 06:23 PM