Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A terminal to check on Borgs
I want to make 2 suggestions.

First one, a Terminal or a Display for Roboticist, to check on borgs and AI units. A bit similar to the Robotics Control Computer, but with no killswitch.

The terminal would show :
- The names of a Borg / Shell
- What Part they have (Like Heavy Limbs / Screen Head / etc...)
- What Module is activated (Like medical, engi, miner...)
- The battery level
- The possible damage and status (for exemple show if a Borg is SSD)
- The Upgrades they have (Speed, Sechud, etc...)

Why is this needed ?
It can be usefull for Roboticist to have acces to this informations. Especially if they latejoin, and also keep track of the damage level, so they can go and repair them.

(I dont think it should show laws, it may be a bit overpowered)

The second suggestion is for Roboticist to actually start with the Robotic talk Implant.
So long as the terminal has no information on laws I don’t see an issue. You can track similar things on human crew so long as they have a health implant or clone scan.
I think this would work best as a pda app given to the relevant people instead of its own thing, though overall do like the idea of it.
I agree having this as a PDA application makes the most sense - trying to jam another console in every robotics area would be rough.
I don't see why not the robotcist can't check on the status of borgs.
Does the AI have this too? If not give it to the AI too.

Just seeing what borgs are still operational on station and such will help immensly with borg players and giving robotcists something to do.
Yeah, a PDA App is maybe the way to go
A read only version of the main borg terminal seems like a thing we could do, TGUI it while you're at it.
I don't much like PDA apps because PDAs are janky and already do too much.
A other option is to be able to see it via Medtrak Terminal. Every Medbay got one.
Isn't this more or less what the robotics console is about

I get those aren't exactly roboticist accessible but those seem like the sensible spot to start to me