HoS application: Andres Kojima
Usual character name: Andres Kojima, 0-9 for silicons
BYOND username:  Jckrfc03
Discord username (if you are on our discord): jckrfc (Andres)#0811
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: 1 and a little bit of 2 from time to time.

Reason for application: I've played a lot of sec over the past couple months and think that its about time for me to put in an application. I feel that over the past months I've gotten enough experience within sec to apply for HoS. 

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I started playing goonstation around October-November 2021 and I put off playing security till I felt more comfortable with with the mechanics and game in general, I started playing security around December and it was one of the jobs that I would keep coming back to, despite getting bulldozed by most antags due to having almost no knowledge on how to capture or detain them. As I played more security I was able to see more of the departments that I had ignored in favor of playing sec and I felt that I would be missing out if I continued to play only security, so I stopped playing sec for a while and learned most other roles on the station. I feel like this break really helped to show me how good and bad security teams can impact a round, and how much a HoS makes a difference to these types of teams.

I came back to security sometime around the end of February and played only security for, I think a week straight but I'm not too sure on the time, I was going to apply for HoS around this time but decided against it as I had a lot of IRL work to finish so I put off my application and just continued playing sec and gaining more knowledge on how the antags work, how to detain them properly and any other precautions that I would need to take before fighting certain antags. During this time I had decided against applying for HoS as I felt that I was changing how I played security too much to try to appear more suitable for the role, and I felt that this would be disingenuous and I would rather have my real behaviour as a secoff be the deciding factor on if I am suitable instead of putting up a façade and faking my idea of a perfect secoff.

That brings me to today, I feel that I have gained enough experience and knowledge on the game to apply for HoS. 

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    it would probably be: don't forget about the barrier! I see a lot of secoffs ignoring the barrier seeing it as a piece of kit that is just used for reflecting AI turrets or nukie bullets, and whilst they certainly do excel in that they are severely underused in other cases
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    This would probably be when me and another secoff were mindslaved and told to play hide and seek and I would lose when I was brigged, I had to survive till my mindslave ran out, they had a spy sticker tracker and almost caught me but my mindslave ran out on the way to the brig so I won the game we then fought with the kendo swords and I lost a best of 3 game going 2-0 down bringing it back to 2-2 and losing 3-2 in the end. either this one or when, i think it was aloe, not too sure who done it, but an admeme made me HoS for a round after I said I was not going to apply, no lawbringer though.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I mentioned this a while ago but I've wanted to order the kendo crates from cargo and suit sec up in "samurai" gear completed with the wooden kendo swords, this would be hard to do safely as the wooden swords do deal some damage when attacking.
  • Draw a picture!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Got banned some time from October-December I cant remember the date, but I and one other had some issues after I shot them with an OHR as a non-antag and then got metagrudged for a few rounds after that, it was 5 hours I think, once again I'm not too sure, but it was deserved looking back on it.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be August 26. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!