Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vurdalak the Shrouded's goods should be restocked
I honestly think as someone who plays in the art lab a lot that we don't get really enough artifacts. It would be really nice if Vurdalak the Shrouded was restocked once and a while so we could buy more artifacts. Tell me your thoughts.
well you can get some from mining or debris, even on maints sometimes so not really sure of getting a shit load of arts since some arts can really be a problem sometimes like co2 ones or plasma ones.
unsure for now tbh
(05-07-2022, 06:32 PM)Lucky.Cobra Wrote: well you can get some from mining or debris, even on maints sometimes so not really sure of getting a shit load of arts since some arts can really be a problem sometimes like co2 ones or plasma ones.
unsure for now tbh

Yes but often times on lower pop rounds you get sent very few, I just think it would be nice to get more
I'm all down for this, it would be nice if that trader could keep supplying more artifacts throughout the shift. A lot of miners don't know to teleport arts to artlab and the next line of defense is Cargo.
they get new ones every market cycle right? I may just blatantly be misremembering here but I seem to recall vurdalak gets like at least one artifact to sell every cycle. I don't really recall 'em ever running out

plus this feature is for some reason undocumented as far as I can tell but cargo can get, like, one free artifact restock crate per cargo cycle if you send them a 100% correctly analyzed artifact and they sell it
(05-07-2022, 11:01 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: they get new ones every market cycle right? I may just blatantly be misremembering here but I seem to recall vurdalak gets like at least one artifact to sell every cycle. I don't really recall 'em ever running out

plus this feature is for some reason undocumented as far as I can tell but cargo can get, like, one free artifact restock crate per cargo cycle if you send them a 100% correctly analyzed artifact and they sell it

Not 100% on the Vurdalak bit but I thought it was 4.
artifact research is fun and underappreciated, more ways to obtain artifacts to research would be fun
(05-07-2022, 11:01 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: they get new ones every market cycle right? I may just blatantly be misremembering here but I seem to recall vurdalak gets like at least one artifact to sell every cycle. I don't really recall 'em ever running out

1. He doesn't get new artifacts, not even one a cycle
2. That's not how artifact restocks work. You're never guaranteed to get a crate, artifact tier, analysis and RNG are factored in if you get a crate or don't.
arts have fun random effects and the better you do, the more likely you run into something new.
The fun of art sci is you never know what you get and always have to think on your feet and if you know all basic tricks of activation the fun never stops.

HOWEVER.... it just sucks that you only get 2 artifacts to start with.. For a newbie yes, this can take a whole shift. For an expert, you know what tricks to use to get your results asap. I do wish the science doohickey could accept number inputs but hey.

I tend to look for arts on the station (Thank god whoever added the artifact locater, it's a godsent!) and then I go into abadoned station to get 3 more artifacts and after that... hope the martian ship is around and steal maybe 1 or 2 artifacts there? After that it's done and I am reliant on mining or cargo.
And if cargo does my order.. thats 4 more artifacts.

I can say without a doubt that most artifacts I test take 1-5 mins to figure out what it does and how to activate it.
There are those who are exceptions but it won't take longer then 10 minutes.

This means on a classic round if I am constantly slow... I can "technically' do up to 6 artifacts. That is enough right?
Well that's not it chief. If you are fast you can do 20 artifacts in a hour and on roleplay 20 is the norm for me.
But you can probaly only find 12 on your own as a scientist unless it's Oshan... then it gets a lil harder.

So yes... a way for cargo to order more then 4 from 1 merchant is not a bad idea.. but in my opinion... I think if you sell 1 100% artifact to Vurza he will restock next cycle. Or something like that.
(05-08-2022, 04:34 AM)Danger Noodle Wrote: 1. He doesn't get new artifacts, not even one a cycle
2. That's not how artifact restocks work. You're never guaranteed to get a crate, artifact tier, analysis and RNG are factored in if you get a crate or don't.

oh whoops that's all errors on my end, shoulda actually done that codedive before saying shit ahah
Neither of you are completely correct, any sold artifact adds to a counter with the amount depending on the rarity of the artifact and the quality of the analysis, with a slight variance. Once this counter passes a certain value one or several artifacts will be sent back, so you are guaranteed to get artifact resupply crates once you've sent a few analyzed ones out.
And yeah, the market cycles do not factor into this at all.

Also, yup , I don't think Vurdalak ever restocks their artifacts.
Yes Vurdalak never restocks which is sad
I think adding more arts for cargo to buy would be easier than making changes to the art resupply stuff. Maybe give vurdalak 8-6 instead of 4. Or Allow random traders to sell arts on occasion.
Another solution is ensure Virdalak is the cheapest source of the first 4 artifacts and add a more expensive resupply in the qm computer.
(05-08-2022, 12:59 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Another solution is ensure Virdalak is the cheapest source of the first 4 artifacts and add a more expensive resupply in the qm computer.

I actually like this idea.
While as an Art Science nerd surpreme I love more ways.
I think an artifact store in the debris field or something would be a fun one, expensive but fun.
Now selling artifacts makes the scientist want to get the cut of the sale by stickering it in cargo so they can buy artifacts from the shady artifact dealer.

Just something to motivate the scientist to seek out money to buy more artifacts (or the shady non scientist antagonist trying to get a fun artifact with out Meta-alerting scientists)