Mentor Application - AnguishedEnglish (Whitney Stingray/M.A.I.D.)
(05-08-2022, 08:21 AM)Retrino Wrote: as a sort of preface, this isnt a + or - on this app, just kind of an observation and consideration. i also want to note that i was planning on how to say this before nef’s response, so this wasnt a basis on that (though it kind of reinforced why i wanted to reply)

i honestly havent seen you reach out to anyone you arent friends with all that often, both on classic and rp. you tend to hover around particular people, which isnt really a bad thing, but i think it is important for mentors to be willing to interact with new people consistently and have a welcoming attitude. now, we dont play at the same times all that often, but i have seen you a good bit.

the capacity to share knowledge isnt all that makes up mentorship, and i think you definitely have that aspect covered. id really just like to see you putting more of a foot forward to teach others who arent your friends, or just give new people the opportunity to rp with you. as alamo describes, you have great capability to guide someone, itd just be good to see it more consistently

Okay, I'll put my hands up, you got me there, I do tend to hover around particular people, but that's just how friends are in the work place.  They tend to feel more comfortable around familiar faces to help them get through the day.  As of typing this, the past few rounds I have been making an attempt to roleplay and interact with many different people.  It's slow and hard, but the effort is there; when playing as Medical Doctor I go out of my way to ask what is wrong and to provide any guidance when needed.  Even though you and I don't play as often as we used to, the amount of effort I put into little interactions as I have mentioned before are slowly becoming the norm for me.  I am a very shy person IRL but I honestly believe that interacting like this is slowly shaping me into a more outgoing person which in turn makes me a better person.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mentor Application - AnguishedEnglish (Whitney Stingray/M.A.I.D.) - by AnguishedEnglish - 05-08-2022, 08:31 AM