Hans - Mentor App
Lightbulb 
Usual character name: Hans Mann, Sandro Mann, Mannequin 322
BYOND username: colossusqw
Discord username (if you are on our discord): colossusqw#3116
Goon servers you play: Mostly 3 and 4, played nightshade while it was up, 1 and 2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I started playing in 2020, and have about 1700 played hours at the time of writing this, according to medass. I have experience with playing security and dealing with antags in a fair manner, I have some AI and borg experience, a bit of packet knowledge from mechanics, botany experience, and played command and civilian roles a lot as well, but most of my experience has been with science and security. Outside of that I have been on the community discord for a while and SS13 has been the first game I have ever contributed with code or sprites to. Overall I think I'd be able to answer many mentor helps with my experience, and I am willing to keep learning to better be able to answer in the fields I am not quite familiar with. I understand what receiving mentor helps in-game can mean and i intend on not letting OOC information affect my IC behavior in any way.
I enjoy goonstation and its community a lot, and for a while I have been wanting to become a mentor to help out. I understand that to be a mentor goes beyond just helping out people with in-game questions, that a certain standard of behavior is required for it, and I have been changing and adapting my way of acting to better suit the community.  I enjoy roleplay and try to make any antagonist or crew gimmick fun for everyone and I don't go out of my way to make others' experiences worse.
I try to be friendly with people in-game and on the discord and to interact with everyone in one way or another. I’ve made many friendships within the discord so far and seeing so many new players come and go makes me want to help out folks with whatever knowledge I have, and help out set the standard for good interaction and roleplay I have seen many mentors set so far.
Sleeping bee

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Once in mid 2020 for shooting at people in medbay(3 days i believe) and once in mid 2021 for not RPing as antag(one day)
Ahhh, the most iconic scientist in all of space to my heart. I believe Hans has been a great fellow to the community and he's writing this because he enjoys the game, enjoys the community, and generally wants to help out peeps so I will give him a +1! Also, he has alot of experience into this game infact as I've seen so he knows his stuff... who knows Hans could probably finally inherit his special mixes to new peeps heheh.
I havent interacted with you directly too much as of recent, but I wanted to throw in here that you've really flourished from being a kind of goofy isolated science main to one of the most welcoming and engaging RPers on the server. Your IC conduct strikes me as really well-tempered and fun to be around. Seeing any "Mann"s on the server always makes me smile a little.
Hans is always great to see around, and they are certainly knowledgeable when it comes to chemistry! They're a very welcoming presence, and I think they would make a fantastic mentor. +1 from me.
Not gonna lie my first interaction with Hans was around the time of their 2021 ban. Really left a sour taste in my mouth. That being said since then they have completely replaced that sour taste with an effervescent beverage worth consuming. Not a single round post-ban has been a negative experience interacting with Hans. From a former hater to current respecter +1 no hesitation.
Hans good Hans smart hans help Hans silly but in nice way i like Hans mentor yes give Hans +1
But now being serious, i trust them on being cool in the mentor role, and adding a bunch to the community, those being old or new members. A thing i can say is that they are really passionate about knowledge and really enjoy sharing it with others, socially in a way that do not spoil the fun.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to some ongoing concerns about attitude. You're still welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be August 26. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!