Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Flyable Eyewear
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE]
About the PR

This pull requests adds the ability for players to cause eyewear to fly off by attacking someone in the head with a weapon.
Helmets that cover your eyes stop your glasses from flying off entirely.

The stability variable determines how often they get thrown off your face, with it needing to be under 30 to have your glass fly off at all. Getting hit in the face with a weapon lowers it and using help on your head, equiping and polishing your glasses increases it to a max of 100.

Stability also passively increases at a rate of 3 in the life loop.

[Video (This might download it to your computer so if you don't want that don't click it)](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/8...-25-24.mp4)

Why's this needed?

Adds another use to switching limb target during a fight and allows someone to combat against someone wearing sunglasses to protect against flashes, especially during a rev round.

My glasses! I can't see without my glasses! 🤓

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Conchuckter
(*)You can now knock someones glasses off by hitting them in the head with a item, so make sure you keep them on your face by using self help intent to straighten them.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
*crunch*

"MY GLASSES! I CAN'T SEE WITHOUY MY GLASSES!"
"MY GLASSES! I CAN'T BE SEEN WITHOUT MY GLASSES!"
This probably should not work on sechuds because of how often officers get hit in the face.
Attacking people in the head is already a go to, dont like the idea of a buff, dont like the idea of prodocs and other non sunglass headgear getting a nerf for combat purposes.
(05-04-2022, 02:55 AM)Leeanei Wrote: This probably should not work on sechuds because of how often officers get hit in the face.

Sec huds have a strength of nine meaning they only have a 10% chance of breaking which should be ok
Old flashes used to have a low % chance to fail too, and I often had them immediately break on that low initial chance, now they get like 5 free flashes before they start to break. Which means some Clown walks up and hits you with a bike horn for 2 damage and the glasses breaks instantly? No.

Security can't replace SecHuds, because you can't manufacture them, nor would i want them to be able to be manufactured. I'm against it also because the PR doesn't include headware protecting the glasses. Sec Helmet Variant 4 has a face shield, riot helmet is a face shield and a pulled down welding mask has a full face cover, not to also include a gas mask. None of those are taken into consideration on protecting your vulnerable glasses, so no don't go and add this.

Maybe some other method, maybe some more thought being put into it, but this is incomplete.
I can only agree with what RGB, Ikea and Leeanai said. Either sechuds should have a full protection, 10% chance to break is waaaaaay too high, or there should be a minimum damage value after which glasses break, something higher than just fists, for sechuds that is, at least.
Also getting some very rare equipment like ecto googles break is a bad idea because of trolls and griefers.
And having more RNG in the game just feels very meh for me.
That said, this PR will really need a lot of balancing before getting merged.
Lightbulb 
(05-04-2022, 04:10 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Old flashes used to have a low % chance to fail too, and I often had them immediately break on that low initial chance, now they get like 5 free flashes before they start to break. Which means some Clown walks up and hits you with a bike horn for 2 damage and the glasses breaks instantly? No.

Security can't replace SecHuds, because you can't manufacture them, nor would i want them to be able to be manufactured. I'm against it also because the PR doesn't include headware protecting the glasses. Sec Helmet Variant 4 has a face shield, riot helmet is a face shield and a pulled down welding mask has a full face cover, not to also include a gas mask. None of those are taken into consideration on protecting your vulnerable glasses, so no don't go and add this.

Maybe some other method, maybe some more thought being put into it, but this is incomplete.
There isn't really a way to tell whether a helmet protects the face or not, so implementing something like that would be quite difficult though I'll have a look at making the chance of glasses breaking lower based on a helmets protection and I could also make it change based on the items force.

Doing something like how flashes are handled wouldn't make sense, you either hit someones glasses or you don't so just a rng based check makes a fair bit of sense.

Edit: You can in fact check whether it covers the eyes, so I'll look at doing that as well.

(05-04-2022, 04:25 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: I can only agree with what RGB, Ikea and Leeanai said. Either sechuds should have a full protection, 10% chance to break is waaaaaay too high, or there should be a minimum damage value after which glasses break, something higher than just fists, for sechuds that is, at least.
Also getting some very rare equipment like ecto googles break is a bad idea because of trolls and griefers.
And having more RNG in the game just feels very meh for me.
That said, this PR will really need a lot of balancing before getting merged.

Fists cannot break glasses
If they are to be breakable, they should be repairable instead of making you get a new one. Aside from less problems with having to source 500 new glasses, having broken glasses would be interesting for an after fight banged up look, and then having to go repair them.

But yeah, they should account for protective headwear, 10% is way too high for secHUDs.
Yeah like everyone else said 10% is too high for sec huds. At that kind of percentage every single member of a sec team will likely have their stuff busted on an average round on classic, and on some of the more hectic rp rounds as well. Even 5% might be too high honestly.
This seems like the kind of thing that would make more sense being durability-based instead of random chance.
Things like sechuds may also have some cutoff like only taking damage from things with at least 10 force, because I imagine those sec sunglasses are made of durable steel or something at least. But maybe they're also just plastic, what do I know.
I feel like it should definitely be protected against with headgear that coveres the eyes. Security helmets and welding masks being a prime example. It would make sense for gas masks to offer some protection, but not full like actual headgear.
I think if this should apply to all regular glasses it probably should apply to sechuds too in some way, having everyone else's glasses break but sec's sounds like a bit of a weird buff imo, but i'm not sure i'm onboard with the RNG part...
What if it just knocked the glasses off instead of outright destroying them?