Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fish Tanks!
Fish are friends, not food
Do you know how much money we could save on Oshan by replacing lights with checkpoints of glowing jellyfish? The problem is we have no way to safely transport them! Even if we did, it's difficult to find ways to display them easily, which is a much bigger issue outside of Oshan than it is on Oshan itself.

Here is my suggestion:

+ New Container Functionality: Instead of making a new item to transport fish in, we can use existing containers such as buckets or boxes. They might get leaky and spill water everywhere when you put the fish in and out of them, but that's what Janitors are for.

+ Adding Fish Tanks: A standalone item that allows fish to be put in them. My thoughts are that it should be akin to the display case but it automatically comes with water. We could drag them around and wrench them down in areas we like and boom, pow, presto, jellyfish lit hallways for the crew to 'mire. Or maybe a fish museum, that's kind of nice too, I guess.

Please leave some criticisms and ideas in the comments! Thank you for reading!
This is something we discussed when we were developing Oshan, but we didn't end up having the time to add it. From what I remembered, we were looking to have a system for cataloging the various sea fauna and flora. You'd be able to store and analyse them and earn Points for your efforts.

It's part of the reason Oshan is poplated with the critters and coral, they were originally intended to be functional as well as decorative.
I was excited with the idea of fish tanks but the whole fauna research thing sounds so cool, it's gonna give me more ideas now.
god please I fucking love having more biology research type things... once my semester ends I was actually going to try to put together a design doc for my pipe dream aquaculture system that I've been dreaming up for months. we need more ways to Appreciate Fish
Pokemans. Pokedex.
Xenobiology coming "SOON"
As long as I can fish in them Im happy
While we are at it, let us wear Fish Bowls. Also let us wear Jellyfish and other fish as hats, just for the hell of it.