Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make it easier for both thralls and vampires to recognize eachother
i haven't rolled vampire and i've only been thralled a grand total of one time since i've started playing again but i have heard numerous anecdotes in discord of vampires attacking their own thralls/thralls attacking their sires 

i imagine early in the round it's not as big of an issue but later on when you start having to make more decisions in the heat of the moment, your thrall or sire might use disguises or other means to hide their identity and it just turns into a big mess.

the popup that appears upon being made a thrall has the same dialogue as when you are mindslaved but i'm pretty sure you are always able to see who you are mindslaved to 

there are a few ways of doing this:

add an "S" (for sire) and "TH" for "thrall" to appear over their head

or possibly adding a new ability for both vampires and thralls: blood scent

if a thrall/vampire smells the blood of their sire/thrall it will be "a familiar scent"

but if it's not their sire/thrall then it would be a "strange scent"
How the fuck do vamps attack their own thralls?
I guess on classic this can happen when vampires go to war on eachother... but litterly...
MOST THRALLS HAVE THE SKIN, BLOOD AND THRALL INFRONT OF THEIR NAMES!

But... the rest I can get. I once attacked the person who mindslaved me so I don't mind this.
The only reason I attacked the person who mind slaved me.. was cause well...
I CRASHED THE MOMENT THEY FAST MINDSLAVED ME! So I never got the pop up, when I logged back in.. they had to LOOC tell me I was mind slaved.
To be fair there is no rule that a vampire can't assault their own thralls. The reverse however is a problem since it clashes with mindslave rules. That being said more clarification is always good for new players especially. There is something here.
Icons always help
Honestly if we had a similar mechanic with mindslave cloner setups it might make mass producing mindslaves a little more easier and team-coordinated
Really I think traitors (or at the very least sleeper agents) should also have an ability to identify each other in some way. Code words over radio. Something.
(05-02-2022, 03:52 PM)Kotlol Wrote: How the fuck do vamps attack their own thralls?
I guess on classic this can happen when vampires go to war on eachother... but litterly...
MOST THRALLS HAVE THE SKIN, BLOOD AND THRALL INFRONT OF THEIR NAMES!

But... the rest I can get. I once attacked the person who mindslaved me so I don't mind this.
The only reason I attacked the person who mind slaved me.. was cause well...
I CRASHED THE MOMENT THEY FAST MINDSLAVED ME! So I never got the pop up, when I logged back in.. they had to LOOC tell me I was mind slaved.

Wearing a mask covers your face, removing the Thrall name, wearing a spacesuit covers the whole body, disguising the rotten corpse underneath.

As a vampire I would love to have a Thrall and Master icon, would help so much.
(05-02-2022, 04:20 PM)DioChasek Wrote: To be fair there is no rule that a vampire can't assault their own thralls.

Pretty on point with vampire thrall relations, if you ask me.
(05-03-2022, 08:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 04:20 PM)DioChasek Wrote: To be fair there is no rule that a vampire can't assault their own thralls.

Pretty on point with vampire thrall relations, if you ask me.

Especially if your minions are comically inept.
Hell double up on this PR, add a Hivemind Icon to limbcritters and their host changeling too. Go full teamwork, i'd love it. I've sent out Handspiders to go collect DNA, did a lap around the station and come back and a handspider runs out and bites me. "MASTER MASTER I HAVE DNA FOR YOU." Bruh you just bit me you big dummy, didn't even change identities, its like object permanence. I left line of sight so I stopped existing.
Hey it’s not like a hand spider has eyes right how would they know? But yeah sure why not
Ahem. Hand spiders DO have eyes smile
Wait. Does a vampire and their thralls not have antag overlays that are only visible to eachother? Like how NukeOps has the little red box with an "S" in it at the top right of their sprites?
(05-04-2022, 09:20 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Wait. Does a vampire and their thralls not have antag overlays that are only visible to eachother? Like how NukeOps has the little red box with an "S" in it at the top right of their sprites?

correct, there is no overlay/anything beyond the popup if you get thralled
yeah, i nearly beat up a thrall of my master once because his mask and suit blocked all indicators that he was a thrall, the vamp had to tell me he was a thrall