Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a hotkey for medics to yell "I am a doctor"
It regulary happens that people in crit condition just keep running to medbay despite a doctor trying to follow and heal them. Telling these people to stop while trying to keep up and find out what is wrong with them and micromanaging other things at the same time can be difficult. Adding a jobspecific hotkey for med related jobs to yell lines that indicate that there is a doctor that can and wants to heal could potentially reduce frustration with both the injured and the one treating the injuries.

potential lines could be:
"I AM A DOCTOR"
"I CAN HEAL YOU"
"MEDIC HERE"
"ILL PATCH YOU UP"
"STOP MEDIC HERE"

Also I am very uncreative. Maybe this is a good idea, maybe it isnt, maybe someone got better lines in mind.
Any thoughts on this?
You know if you use the command bar on the bottom of the screen to talk, using the "say" command. You can just do ctlr+up to put your last command in the bar and then press enter to say something you previously said. Though you have to press "g" to shift focus to the comand bar first.
while true that seems pretty cumbersome
Yeah it is but thats what we had to deal with before the T chat box was added.
so THAT'S why the game would suddenly start putting my key inputs in the command bar sometimes

anyways I wouldn't mind this as like a miranda rights kinda thing for anyone with medical training. except don't make these ones customizable probably
i think this would make it easier to catch people running since they cant hear ya when they are on the other side of the station
Why not have them be customizeable? It'd be nice for RP.
Yeah it'd be nice to be able to quickly scream:

"Stop running away you half-dead moron and let me fucking treat you, I didn't spend fucking 10 minutes filling my inventory with every fucking medicine know to mankind, for your barely-alive ass to fucking limp towards the fucking medbay, which is currently a flaming crater."

"I am a doctor" or "Medic here" are probably better though.
(05-02-2022, 07:56 AM)Maegor Wrote: Yeah it'd be nice to be able to quickly scream:

"Stop running away you half-dead moron and let me fucking treat you, I didn't spend fucking 10 minutes filling my inventory with every fucking medicine know to mankind, for your barely-alive ass to fucking limp towards the fucking medbay, which is currently a flaming crater."

"I am a doctor" or "Medic here" are probably better though.

oof i feel that, people doesnt seems to notice the BIG RED CROSS on our suits
I once saw a person label themselves "I AM A DOCTOR PLEASE STOP RUNNING" with the hand labeller and then point at themselves with B+click as they chased people
(05-02-2022, 11:36 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I once saw a person label themselves "I AM A DOCTOR PLEASE STOP RUNNING" with the hand labeller and then point at themselves with B+click as they chased people

We adapt. We overcome.

No, uh, iiiiii really like this idea, I think it'd be neat. I guess my two stipulations would be like:
1. Integrate it maybe in a way so that people couldn't just spam it like nuts. If the Sec PDA alert thing gets overhead text or w/e then I think this is like the perfect balance on the other side of that spectrum. Maybe medu carts come with a similar alert button function that would just duplicate the text display feature and cooldown so that people could just poke that every once in a while to declare their Duty to Do No Harm (usually). less spammable I think than a hotkey + less worry about What Key in What Control Scheme and Finding the One Free Unbound Key without Farts Attached

2. now imagine that it only will do the "I 'm a doctor" line and it does it in the HS voice.
Maybe give doctors a handheld hologram emitter "badge" that they can use in-hand to display a big flashing visible hologram medic sign that follows your sprite around for a few seconds before fading way (one that absolutely does not infringe on the Red Cross's copyright of a red cross with a white border)

Also it would allow for sec to prosecute people for warcrimes using the sacred medical symbol for jokes or villany if they get their hands on one illegally.
If it's a hologram just make it blue and give it the AI hologram look.
Yeah that's the idea
The hologram could also produce an alternate siren upon the first click. Not like the police siren just a slightly different one that people will eventually associate with doctors.