Complaint Janantilles goonstation 3(or 4 but i think 3) 4/25/22
Admin: Janantilles
Server: RP but it goes into forums
Date + time: 4/25/22 CDT is when this all started
Synopsis: I arrested someone (which I am pretty sure was the admin that banned me) for giving me a cigarette bomb, and they got really mad(I did call them the wrong gender[not on purpose], for which I am sorry)

So I posted an appeal and after two days of waiting(I did make a post at one day of waiting). I check to see if the admin had been on, and it was four hours ago. Which gave me a suspicion that they were ignoring my post, so I make a private complaint saying that they got on and had not responded to my post. Someone said to just wait, so I started waiting again because maybe they missed it.

So I wait like a day, then I check to see if they came on again. But the admin turn off their last visit being public, almost 100% confirming they saw my post and unban appeal, and are ignoring it.

Logs: No, I don't
Extra information: Noting extra
Not everything revolves around your ban. Admins are people and we have our own lives. The admin will get to your ban when they get to your ban. If you don't want to wait for an unban I recommend not getting banned next time.
(04-29-2022, 11:24 AM)pali6 Wrote: Not everything revolves around your ban. Admins are people and we have our own lives. The admin will get to your ban when they get to your ban. If you don't want to wait for an unban I recommend not getting banned next time.

Ban wasn't for a valid reason though
Hi there. Thank you for the feedback, and thank you to Pali (and earlier, Ines) for handling these. I would like to respond as well.

First of all: I have now answered your ban appeal.

Second of all: Your behavior while waiting for me to do so is completely unacceptable. The world does not revolve around you and neither does my time. I am volunteering my time as an administrator for Goonstation, helping to deal with people like you, while living my own life caring for my family, including a newborn baby. 

Quote:(which I am pretty sure was the admin that banned me)

This could not be further from the truth, but the fact that you assume this is pretty insulting. I dealt with you based on multiple ahelps that I received from the people who were affected by your behavior in that round. I rarely have time to play these days, since most of the free time that I do have for SS13 is going to things like handling folks like you who ignore the rules and make life difficult for others while they play. The implication that you were banned, and then your appeal was not answered immediately, just because you personally offended me, is an insult to my priorities and conduct as an admin. I would have handled you the exact same way regardless of whether I was in a round with you or not.

Quote:the admin turn off their last visit being public

Yup, I sure did. And you know why? If I'm up in the middle of the night with my baby, I would like to be able to pull up the forums on my phone (where I have no access to unban anyone) and read them without being harassed about it by people with no patience who think they are obligated to my time. I had to turn off DMs on Discord from people I'm not specifically friends with for a similar reason, or you probably would have contacted me there too.

Going forward, I want you to think good and hard about how you treat people on Goonstation, both the players (which is part of what got you banned in the first place) and the admin team. You are not owed access to the game, or an admin's immediate attention, or anything else.