Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion on the Suggestion forum.
Ok get this, there's ALOT of posts/topics in the suggestion forum. 10139 (+1) posts to be exact.
Bored one day, I scrolled through alot of the suggestions. Alot are:
A) Redundant. Stuff referring to mushroom and stuff that is actually implemented, but not exactly in the way that was suggested (or sometimes exactly the way that was suggested but because the thread is so old it hasn't been locked)
B) Turbothreads. Threads that have been mingled into one massive thread. These turbothreads just become an idea graveyard, as idea's that might be really good get lost in discussion
C) Repetition. Detective threads, Wizard Fireball threads, Rogue AI threads, Pod threads. These all are repeated over and over.
D) Small fixes/idea's. Something small that would require virtually none or little coding and instead more reliant on spriting. It's mostly met with "sweet idea" and then falls down to the depths of the forum because although the idea is pretty good, there's nothing to discuss
E) Derailed threads. "Oh hey, I have an idea A" "Yeah man but what about B" "B is good, but I think A would be better with C, and D" Often good idea's are met with juvenile idea's attached to them, like "Lets make a tractor beam that pulls things in a pod" and instead you get "Nah lets make a tractor beam that cluwnes people aswell as being a tractor beam" roll eyes (sarcastic) I understand that many things are humor based, but that could be made in a separate thread?

Suggestions:
A) Start locking the redundant threads and put them in the "good idea". I suppose I could make it easy for the people in power and start sifting through all the threads that are pretty useless (threads that involve pre-new genetics, threads already implemented) and post them here.
B) I wouldn't touch the turbo-threads, they only really work if they are made by admins and they are looking for as many idea's as possible. Threads like the traitor weapon threads, discussion is all fine and dandy and like I said, it's often an idea graveyard
C) Start locking the older repetition threads and moving them to "bad ideas" The reason for this is because the older repetition threads may be a little dated. Maybe post a link from the new to the old, so people don't start experiencing major deja vu.
D) Make a small fix/idea turbo-thread. Stuff like new clothing or small fixes. I'd commit to spriting stuff (I have gotten my laptop back huzzah) if there was a thread that actually incorperated more spriting related things and less coding
E) I don't know, maybe a humor thread instead? If you feel like something could have a funnier effect, suggest it there rather than shitting all over a perfectly ok thread and derailing it into the ground?
good nearly dead ideas:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1867

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1651

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1432

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1441 (rip)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=657

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1205 (I think this was implemented with brains but I'm not sure??)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1085 (idk if this was done)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=733

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=971

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=848

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=845

Also, when I just went through and looked I saw a ton of stuff that has been implemented already but are still sitting on the main Ideas & Suggestions page. shrug
Klayboxx Wrote:Also, when I just went through and looked I saw a ton of stuff that has been implemented already but are still sitting on the main Ideas & Suggestions page. shrug

List any of those threads on my wiki talk page and I'll move them.

As for which threads have good (and not yet implemented) ideas? That is up to the coders to decide.
Conor12 Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Also, when I just went through and looked I saw a ton of stuff that has been implemented already but are still sitting on the main Ideas & Suggestions page. shrug

List any of those threads on my wiki talk page and I'll move them.

As for which threads have good (and not yet implemented) ideas? That is up to the coders to decide.

I'll make a super list of stuff that needs to be moved but I'd rather have a little bit of discussion just incase I hurt someone's feelings by moving a thread into the "No" place. The super-list will be composed here, with help.

Klayboxx Wrote:good nearly dead ideas
From what you've posted (if you could do it in this format):

Small idea's that could be made into a turbo-thread. I'm thinking there should be a "coding lite" thread, stuff that's would require just a small amount of coding rather than making a new topic on it. The same could be for a "spriting lite" thread.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1867 (Mozi's EMP thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1651 (Toggle darkness thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1441 (Cryo thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=845 (Storage slot idea)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=848 (Dying as Unknown)

Redundant:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=657 (food thread, there's SO many)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1432 (Projectile thread. Does this still happen? Anyway, it's more of a bug)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1205 (It has been clarified in this thread through robotics and genetics you can actually tell if a person is disconnected)

Implemented somewhat
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1085 (EMP disabling pod systems)

Turbo-thread/thread that's still a good idea
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=733 (electrician)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=971&start=15 (Mind-flayer idea)

Anyway, I'll start going through the first 2-3 pages starting from the back first, and post them here.
Starting from page 17, feel free to argue wether I'm correct with my assumptions, that's why I made this thread in the first place:
I've color coded it, so RED is for stuff that can go in the "Nah" thread, GREEN is stuff that's been already implimented. ORANGE for stuff that's good but can be made into a "Lite" thread like I suggested.

Redundant:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=437 (Molly's martian mode. There is a new thread, martian mode 2.0 that's less dated and has spriting done for it)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=716 (PVE gameplay. There's not alot of interest in changing it to a PVE, from the responses in the thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=826 (RD headset. MD is back so pointless now)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=847 (Water Bottles..)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=915 (Shoving folks into lockers)

Repeated/dated threads (oh god there's so many)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=921 (Gas research)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=914 (Crew Objectives)

Implemented:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=536 ( Fitness gym. Although it could have some more benefits rather than mentors totally lying to new guys that it makes you buff)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=907 (Buying Artifacts. You can do this now with a trader I think)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=861 (Damaged section. There's a ton of new inconspicuous areas ingame now)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=918 (Player Rewards, Anyone see the option to change your mask now? Seems to be making its way in)

Small Coding/Spriting:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=757 (Forcing usage of hands)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=858 (Making glass hurt you without the use of gloves. A good idea, as somethings (such as replacing r-windows and de-electrifying certain areas) was actually implemented)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=870 (Being able to use the Scrambler twice)

Turbo-thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=639 (Spy-thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=644 (gang wars)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=889 (Email thread. Could be fleshed out more for sure)
Page 16
Redundant:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1000 (Disposals, anyone can get out of it with a blunt object)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=989 (Giving security gloves, just check the first person who touched it. Forensics 1-oh-1)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=980 (Bring back warden.. we had warden? Also one of many angry brig threads prior to the security lockdown thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=937 (Angry brig thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=998 (Angry george melons thread)

Repeated/dated thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=577 (This is pre-hydrophonics update)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=986 (Pre-genetics update)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=974 (Another of 1000's of pod suggestions. Also many implemented)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=950 (Toxin thread again)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=917 (Medical thread, pretty dated)

Implemented: :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1016 (Locking for pod system)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1011 (Cthlulu's rod can't be pulled anymore, although it should probably melt any containers it is put in to prevent people from getting around that)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=988 (Genetics suggestion. Almost everything in this thread is already implimented)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=940 (Giving AI a back-up power. Yep this exists)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=953 (Large amount of stuff in this pod thread exists now)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=952 (Murray doing stuff reactive, it's already been confirmed)

Small Coding/Spriting:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1021 (Canisters blowing up due to pressure)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=951 (CE's dashboard. I may sprite this)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=942 (More stuff to do with vending machines)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=936 (Drunk Selective thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1018 (Flame thrower gloves. Could probably be combined with making weapons thread. Also, what??)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=933 (Disarm mechanics. Some really good ideas. Some really awful)

Turbo-thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=733 (Electrician)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=971 (Mind-flayer thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=855 (Making weapons thread)
Page 15
Redundant
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1095 (Syndicate implanter thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1094 (Drunk stumbling. Just lie down silly)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1079 (Another angry brig thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1028 (Acid spitting peeps by accident. Alt-click foo')
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=964 (Soundscape)

Repeated/Dated
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1119 (Nice sprites for the still, but dated as heck)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1086 (Another cloak/thermals thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1048 (Making ANYTHING easier for vampires. This is dated as heck also)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1075 (Pre-z level restructuring)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=859 (A big detective thread, one of many)

Implemented
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1042&start=15 (Some mining stuff is surprisingly robust, the power hammer is one. I think this thread is prior some of the base damage increases)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1116 (AI relying on engineers to have deadly shocking doors? Sounds to me like this already exists)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1103 (RPG's Implemented)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1085 (EMP'd pods going whack)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=939 (Bartender HAS better stuff now. AND a shotgun for good measure)

Small Coding/Spriting
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1131 (Giving hulk more things to punch)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1122 (Silly butt-bot thread, could probably be rolled into a humor thread)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1118 (Explosion suggestion)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1101 (The addition of helium. Neat)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1010 (Ghetto pod. Could be rolled into a humor thread. May sprite it. Also kinda useless as anybody can jack a pod)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1070 (Dialog idea)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1047 (Bandolier, may sprite it, seems interesting)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1044 (Changling Ability idea, cool, but not much interest)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1043 (Laugh.ogg. OH god it's horrible, but could be put in a humor thread)

Turbo-thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1001&start=15 (Cybernetics)