Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make cosmetic rewards re-usable
I like them.
I would like more of them.
nah not until we fix people using the detective coat to hide outfits
that exploit isnt necessarily limited to only the detectives coat, its the same case with every skin changing reward
plus this exploit dates back to maybe when the reward claiming was first released
the only fixes (which are also very dated) ive seen are on syndicate equipment and space suits which i recall are just a simple blacklist

it can also be really buggy when claiming rewards with changing the captains outfit skin and then its color scheme, resulting in a naked captain
its really funny though to play as a half naked cap who apparently retains the defensive capabilities of their armor

although you can kinda mitigate this issue by making the rewards just spawn the items on your feet, it can also be exploited if you somehow end up stripped naked so thats kind of a bit of a no no
removing the medal upon applying the skin is also not a great idea (looking at you, original sin)

its probably best if theres some revamp with reward claiming in general
I mean the fix would be instead of it just being a skin it would transform whatever you are wearing into the actual clothing with set stats. Now what the stats should BE for these reward clothing I have no idea but it would fix the problem of people using the inspectors coat reward to hide armor or something.

Considering I made the Inspectors outfit I'd say it should have the same stats as the normal detective starting outfit.
(04-27-2022, 10:08 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I mean the fix would be instead of it just being a skin it would transform whatever you are wearing into the actual clothing with set stats. Now what the stats should BE for these reward clothing I have no idea but it would fix the problem of people using the inspectors coat reward to hide armor or something.

Considering I made the Inspectors outfit I'd say it should have the same stats as the normal detective starting outfit.

That seems kinda counter-intuitive, as claiming the reward specifies that its just a cosmetic change. (unless im misremembering)
Well. Yeah but it would be changed to an actual outfit and not just a skin cause the complaint was people hiding other outfits by using the skins