Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
antag tokens
alright i know this is a probably not so great idea but ill shoot my shot i guess. Make antag tokens possible to die for an obscene ammount of spacebux something on the range of 200k-1m
why?
well as it stands spacebux are only used for cosmetics thats why i suggest puttting them for an obscene price.By making them possible to buy with only spacebux it gives an incentive to completing the optional objectives,works as a bad luck prevention for people who feel they never get traitor and will convince people to play their rounds since they have an incentive on surviving and escaping ... also its funny what you people thing
no
I like it
no, it detracts from the value of antag tokens, which i never spend but i like to keep as trophie, im also scared ill spend it and just roll spy
Spacebux rewards are not supposed to provide any true mechanical advantage in game. Its why the portable food processor was removed because everyone always used it to avoid having to go to the chef. Having the ability to become an antag is in direct opposition to that idea.
The only thing I would do to make spacebux exchange into something like tokens..

IS NON!

Tokens can be used after antags spawn.. there for the antag balance will go off center.
The only way I can see "this concept" work.. is increased chance of spawning as an antagonist you want. That's it.

NO ASSURANCE! You just get an increase of chance to get what ya need!
(04-27-2022, 07:08 AM)Kotlol Wrote: The only thing I would do to make spacebux exchange into something like tokens..

IS NON!

Tokens can be used after antags spawn.. there for the antag balance will go off center.
The only way I can see  "this concept" work.. is increased chance of spawning as an antagonist you want. That's it.

I would spend 50k every round if it gave me the option to play wizard on rp.
(04-27-2022, 07:55 AM)DioChasek Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 07:08 AM)Kotlol Wrote: The only thing I would do to make spacebux exchange into something like tokens..

IS NON!

The only way I can see  "this concept" work.. is increased chance of spawning as an antagonist you want. That's it.

I would spend 50k every round if it gave me the option to play wizard on rp.

And I would spend 100k to play wraith once.. but in my opinion that's not via-able.
I just think you can buy a perk that increases your chance of playing a certain antagonist. The roll still happens but you get like 200% increased chance of getting it.
Given we have a separate RP server - whats the point of gating Antag access to random chance? What even is the point of Classic? It seems like it should be lax, casual SS13 with less rules and more fun. Everyone knows being antag means the sandard gameplay rules dont apply and you're free to do whatever. And yet the only way you get it is random chance. So you either play a fuckload (Resulting in some people 'farming' it by just suiciding at round start) or you wait patiently. It can be frustrating when you go literally months or even a year without rolling antag.

This gives serious value to your spacebux, if you're the type of player who enjoys being an antag. There's plenty of people out there who (for reasons I've given up trying to understand) don't like antags or being one, so I don't see how this can be abused/negatively impact the game. People farming spacebux? Given you get more for being in the captains chair, wouldn't that encourage people to play out rounds to the very end?
(04-27-2022, 02:11 PM)MoonJesus Wrote: Given we have a separate RP server - whats the point of gating Antag access to random chance? What even is the point of Classic? It seems like it should be lax, casual SS13 with less rules and more fun. Everyone knows being antag means the sandard gameplay rules dont apply and you're free to do whatever. And yet the only way you get it is random chance. So you either play a fuckload (Resulting in some people 'farming' it by just suiciding at round start) or you wait patiently. It can be frustrating when you go literally months or even a year without rolling antag.

This gives serious value to your spacebux, if you're the type of player who enjoys being an antag. There's plenty of people out there who (for reasons I've given up trying to understand) don't like antags or being one, so  I don't see how this can be abused/negatively impact the game. People farming spacebux? Given you get more for being in the captains chair, wouldn't that encourage people to play out rounds to the very end?

The problem is people will abuse it to spawn more antags each round then players.
Also late joining antags will be more common, but since they are restricted to staff assistant, it might start valid hunting staff assistants.

The way I prepose is that you can spend it to either increase chances of being an antag next round for space box (and a specific one too) to maybe rolling the antag you want only at the start of the round.

But flat out antag tokens will mean we keep seeing people spawn in as antags and stacking them for maximum carnage, wich forces valid hunting.

Imagine a future where every late join staff assistant could be a TRAITOR and start killing randomly, they commit suicide to respawn 10 minutes later using an antag token to do it over again. Sure this player saved alot of SPACEBUX to do so... but it's an outcome.

It means veterans have less risks being an antag and such.. but by forcing it only at the start of the round.. it will make it better for everyone.
i get its on direct opposition of what spacebux are thats why i suggested to give them an obsene price like 100k(which can be higher) and make them work only at round start or as people said and i like more as a bigger chance to roll antag token  the idea is to make them extremely expensive for them to not be spammable but also have the option for the unlucky people .Besides it does intensivise people on not killing themselfs (hell even if you make it cost 999999 im sure it would be better than nothing)
(04-26-2022, 10:36 AM)zululerman Wrote: alright i know this is a probably not so great idea but ill shoot my shot i guess. Make antag tokens possible to die for an obscene ammount of spacebux something on the range of 200k-1m
why?
well as it stands spacebux are only used for cosmetics thats why i suggest puttting them for an obscene price.By making them possible to buy with only spacebux it gives an incentive to completing the optional objectives,works as a bad luck prevention for people who feel they never get traitor and will convince people to play their rounds since they have an incentive on surviving and escaping ... also its funny what you people thing

We should make it, so you get some every 50 rounds or so
You guys sure you have antags enabled it feels like I get it about every fourth game or so.
(04-28-2022, 11:07 AM)DioChasek Wrote: You guys sure you have antags enabled it feels like I get it about every fourth game or so.

Its really hard to get antag if you play infrequently.
joins and afks as command to get my precious spacebux for antag tokens

anyway, no