Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds lawyers to normal gimmick jobs, reduces lawyers' access
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT WANTED]

About the PR
This makes it so lawyers are a standard gimmick slot available throughout the week, rather than only being available during Thursday or on horizon. Only 1 slot is available outside of Thursday. It also removes brig access from lawyers.

Why's this needed?
Lawyers can add a lot of rp for antags that have been brigged, however their limit to only being available on a map or a day of the week makes these scenarios limited in how often they can happen.. Making a slot available will help to make this more common. I've also removed brig access from lawyers to reduce how much they can interfere with security.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Wisemonster
(+)Lawyers no longer have brig access.
(+)A lawyer slot is now available for late-joining players throughout the entire week!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
From what I've seen, at least on classic. Lawyers just spend the entire round fighting with/hindering sec
(04-26-2022, 10:47 AM)Sbmhawk Wrote: From what I've seen, at least on classic. Lawyers just spend the entire round fighting with/hindering sec

Happens on roleplay too. Ive seen plenty of times to where lawyers just decide to let antags out of the brig without asking anyone. Sec already deals with a lot of shit and id rather not have the job whose literal job is to argue with sec be around all week.
lawyers pretty much only fight with sec on either server set, so I cant imagine this goes well.

Ngl, kinda miss lawyers with armory access en force authing armory; funny stuff
Just don't give em brig access and done.
please god no
Not sure if I can remove brig access, considering I think it's just also sec access, but I'll try. Alternatively, I could remove the sec access from lawyers.

Another idea is restricting the daily lawyer to rp, along with reducing it's access.
While reducing sec access will help, lawyers job is to literally argue with sec. Not to mention, security players tend to have played sec a decent bit, whereas the lawyer oftentimes havent played them much, so theyll get into pointless unfun arguments and overextend there authority (see this happen a lot with sec caps). I think sadly this is one of those ideas that isnt really workable to get to a good state.
the main problem with lawyer is that Goon does not have a robust brig system, the system in place has a max time of 5 minutes, so if we make lawyers a thing we would need to greatly expand on how brigs work.
i dunno why this PR was closed but I just nuked the Lawyer's access to everything Sec because the role is just a grief magnet (including having access to secmate, which is in access_security wtf) with being able to just walk in and be a shit in Sec and the Brig. No opinion on other aspect of the PR though.
(04-27-2022, 11:33 PM)virvatuli Wrote: I just nuked the Lawyer's access to everything Sec because the role is just a grief magnet

Oh God, fantastic. Maybe they'll congregate in the courtroom now
(04-28-2022, 01:34 AM)Cal Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 11:33 PM)virvatuli Wrote: I just nuked the Lawyer's access to everything Sec because the role is just a grief magnet

Oh God, fantastic. Maybe they'll congregate in the courtroom now

They did lose access to the lawyer room on some stations (Horizon, Kondura, Cogmap 2, Donut 3) aka where spare clothes are.
But that can be easily fixed since those places arent important anyway... also you can just put the lawyer closet somewhere else.

Problem solved!