Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tripping On Wires
I was thinking about how nice it would be to mount wires on walls because IRL it greatly reduces tripping on wires.

And then I was like, what if exposed wires when floor tiles are missing had a chance to trip people running over them?
defaulting to walking in maints is gonna be ass
i suggest we trip on mice instead
Yeah this would be absolute hell in maintenance tunnels. Hard no.
What about having to go out of your way to make it a raised tripwire? Tripwires are funny. Traps are funny.

Tripwire + mousetrap bomb traps in dark maint tunnels would be pure SS13
(04-26-2022, 03:53 PM)MoonJesus Wrote: What about having to go out of your way to make it a raised tripwire? Tripwires are funny. Traps are funny.

Tripwire + mousetrap bomb traps in dark maint tunnels would be pure SS13

This actually seems like the coolest idea from the tread, enabling creativity without punishing normal play.
See now a trip wire trap that is worth while. Tripping in a back hall because of rng is not solid gameplay design, a trap placed by another player in an attempt to murder maim or annoy another player that is at least worth while because there is at least a reason and purpose to it other than I guess I am falling over for the 5th tile out of 12 because that 5% came up a lot today.

Not that the falling down randomly isnt something I am used to with as much clown as I play but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a clown in maintenance for any period of time, you would have brain damage before you even got to a main corridor.
(04-26-2022, 06:17 PM)DioChasek Wrote: See now a trip wire trap that is worth while. Tripping in a back hall because of rng is not solid gameplay design, a trap placed by another player in an attempt to murder maim or annoy another player that is at least worth while because there is at least a reason and purpose to it other than I guess I am falling over for the 5th tile out of 12 because that 5% came up a lot today.

Not that the falling down randomly isnt something I am used to with as much clown as I play but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a clown in maintenance for any period of time, you would have brain damage before you even got to a main corridor.

Thank you for expanding on that. Yeah, enabling players to be more creative and be the cause of inconvenience or death or maiming is in the nature of Goon. Having something like this to give people another thing to do seems worthwhile.