Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Increase the time lock for nuclear operatives and and nuclear commanders
I think this is heavily needed, as most nuclear operatives ive seen can barely operate a medkit, or even fight/lead a team. I believe if a time gate of 20 rounds for the operatives and 80 for the commanders would solve this issue and lead to much MUCH better performance from them
20 is a lot and 80 is a shit-ton. Id be fine with it raised to like 10 for both maybe
(04-25-2022, 01:29 AM)Cal Wrote: 20 is a lot and 80 is a shit-ton. Id be fine with it raised to like 10 for both maybe

20 is the same as normal sec-offs, and 80 would be around a month. I couldnt trust anyone to lead a team, especially with such uniqueness and tactics involved if they played this game for less than a month.
A round takes like 1 hour on main, lol. You'd have to play like 2.6 hours every single day to get 80 rounds in a month.
okay but hear me out....
priority commanders for mentors and hos players when??????
(04-25-2022, 03:28 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: A round takes like 1 hour on main, lol. You'd have to play like 2.6 hours every single day to get 80 rounds in a month.

well, we could make it 40 rounds for the commanders, but id say going lower wouldnt help
Mentors and his players getting priority for commander would help, but at the same time it could muddy the waters considering who does and doesn't apply for HOS/mentor.

The same lock as sec for nukies would work, I imagine.
40 is fucking absurd. On main that's 40 hours and on rp it's 60 hours. The amount of people putting 40-60 hours into this game is a hell of a lot smaller than most people realize. Roundlock it to maybe a max of 15-20.

Mentors and HoS getting priority is also an awful idea IMO. Every time we give mentors/HoSes extra perks outside of mentoring Or HoSing, it increases the encouragement for people to apply for the wrong reasons. There's also literally no reason a mentor/HoS would be a better nukie commander than anyone else.

I also think as a general mindset we shouldn't be trying to get the most "qualified" people possible for antag rolls. A massive chunk of this game is the people side, which means people are going to be playing at their experience level, with their abilities, and we shouldn't be attempting to "fix" that. If the average nukie team can't win (which doesn't seem to really be the case anyway), we need to buff nukies, not try to find the better nukie players.
(04-25-2022, 06:02 AM)AmazingDragons Wrote: 40 is fucking absurd. On main that's 40 hours and on rp it's 60 hours. The amount of people putting 40-60 hours into this game is a hell of a lot smaller than most people realize. Roundlock it to maybe a max of 15-20. 

Mentors and HoS getting priority is also an awful idea IMO. Every time we give mentors/HoSes extra perks outside of mentoring Or HoSing, it increases the encouragement for people to apply for the wrong reasons. There's also literally no reason a mentor/HoS would be a better nukie commander than anyone else.

I also think as a general mindset we shouldn't be trying to get the most "qualified" people possible for antag rolls. A massive chunk of this game is the people side, which means people are going to be playing at their experience level, with their abilities, and we shouldn't be attempting to "fix" that. If the average nukie team can't win (which doesn't seem to really be the case anyway), we need to buff nukies, not try to find the better nukie players.

Yep pretty much all this.
The most sensible choice for commander would be the chosen nukie with the most rounds played as nukie.
I think parity with the security requirement is an interesting choice and could help with folks accidentally getting themselves, or others, killed before they even make it to the station.

Wanted to link a previous discussion on the topic: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=16320
(04-25-2022, 07:07 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: The most sensible choice for commander would be the chosen nukie with the most rounds played as nukie.

If thats possible to do that is actually a good idea. Because right now most people just ignore the commander because most people that get commander aren't any better than the rest of the syndies. They just have a fancy name.
(04-25-2022, 06:02 AM)AmazingDragons Wrote: 40 is fucking absurd. On main that's 40 hours and on rp it's 60 hours. The amount of people putting 40-60 hours into this game is a hell of a lot smaller than most people realize. Roundlock it to maybe a max of 15-20. 

i said commanders, not normal operatives
(04-25-2022, 09:41 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:07 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: The most sensible choice for commander would be the chosen nukie with the most rounds played as nukie.

If thats possible to do that is actually a good idea. Because right now most people just ignore the commander because most people that get commander aren't any better than the rest of the syndies. They just have a fancy name.

Even with almost 700 hours on goon, if the commander was whoever had the most nukie rounds, I don't think I'd ever get to wear that mighty hat again. Commanders don't need to be cream of the crop, playing every day since 1782, turbo nerds (no offence super nerds). They just need basic competence and fun/cool ideas.
I have little to no horse in this race but I'm just chiming in to say that I think having the nukie commander be determined 100% of the time by preexisting experience is a Bad Idea, because you'd end up just seeing the same handful of people constantly. takes some of the fun out of an antag when you know what to expect, and I can also see it being really disheartening to new regulars who have no way to compete with people who have already been playing for years. seems like it'll just cause more problems

also never ever ever ever ever ever EVER tie antag roll chances to hos/mentor status. that undermines the whole point of the apps imo