Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Increase the time lock for nuclear operatives and and nuclear commanders
I dont think a timelock would be as effective as you think it is. Security has one, and you still get officers that need training and don't know their job perfectly. Really, the only way to learn how to do a role well, is to play that role. I dont think you can really expect everyone to be the most perfect nukie either, the only real way is to make it a whitelist, which I feel is extreme for nukies.
I'm just saying that the BEST syndie rounds I've seen or had was where someone with experience was coordinating things.
Well, the point of the nukies is to launch a coordinated strike, so yeah. I've actually seen a nice suggestion recently, to lock the briefing room for the first 5 minutes, to force the nukies time to organize and build up some sort of plan, or at least stop that three guys taking infil and getting caught at 07:00
antags being bad at their jobs isnt a nukie issue, infact, nukies is the only antag that forces a new player to go loud. -1.
(04-25-2022, 01:27 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: antags being bad at their jobs isnt a nukie issue, infact, nukies is the only antag that forces a new player to go loud. -1.

don't werewolves forcibly transform like 2 minutes in?
ok yeah, but like, you know how rare it is to roll werewolf? Hell, I have sank WAY too much time into this game and ive got 4 natural werewolf rounds out of 20+ blob rounds out of thousands of other rounds. new player werewolf, sure, exists, but like its RARE AF
(04-25-2022, 11:32 AM)Waffleloffle Wrote: I have little to no horse in this race but I'm just chiming in to say that I think having the nukie commander be determined 100% of the time by preexisting experience is a Bad Idea, because you'd end up just seeing the same handful of people constantly. takes some of the fun out of an antag when you know what to expect, and I can also see it being really disheartening to new regulars who have no way to compete with people who have already been playing for years. seems like it'll just cause more problems

also never ever ever ever ever ever EVER tie antag roll chances to hos/mentor status. that undermines the whole point of the apps imo
i completely agree with this, but do you agree that nukies should still be tied to abit of experience, like timegates? And what do you think they should be that the nukies/commanders wouldnt be as stressed/be able to make the round a good one

(04-25-2022, 11:39 AM)Merlin1230 Wrote: I dont think a timelock would be as effective as you think it is. Security has one, and you still get officers that need training and don't know their job perfectly. Really, the only way to learn how to do a role well, is to play that role. I dont think you can really expect everyone to be the most perfect nukie either, the only real way is to make it a whitelist, which I feel is extreme for nukies.

I still think its effective. A sec-ass is the stepping stone for a sec-off, and so is playing 20 rounds which will help you understand the basic mechanics. If he played 20 rounds, he will likely have played a sec-ass round, and if its on high-pop likley teached abit. Maybe a commander timelock is abit too harsh, but i think a system based on luck and experience would be good. For example if you have 1k rounds youll have 10% higher chances to roll commander, but it should be capped aswell.

edit: after thinking about it the commander selection system i proposed makes no sense and would be abit hard to introduce(which means no sane man will put effort into doing it)
Just make the commander hat and armor something lying on the table and whoever grabs it first is in command.

Really though, I don't think you have to be any more competent than anyone else on the team. Commander is more just there to be the guy that can make a call when the team can't agree on something. If the commander makes a bad call because of inexperience or something, just roll with it and have fun.
(04-27-2022, 08:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Just make the commander hat and armor something lying on the table and whoever grabs it first is in command

And thats what we call asserting authority.
(04-27-2022, 08:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Really though, I don't think you have to be any more competent than anyone else on the team. Commander is more just there to be the guy that can make a call when the team can't agree on something. If the commander makes a bad call because of inexperience or something, just roll with it and have fun.

Yeah, didnt think about it in that way
(04-27-2022, 08:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Just make the commander hat and armor something lying on the table and whoever grabs it first is in command.

Really though, I don't think you have to be any more competent than anyone else on the team. Commander is more just there to be the guy that can make a call when the team can't agree on something. If the commander makes a bad call because of inexperience or something, just roll with it and have fun.

This is kinda how I always saw it with old syndies when everyone basically had the same gear but now with new syndies the commander gets cool outfit and hat and sword so it makes people think they are more important than they use to be.