Complaint Ban reason question
Admin: CaptainBravo

Server: Main, goon 2
Date + time: 2022-04-19, GMT+2, around 6-8 PM
Synopsis: So CaptainBravo has banned me, and my friend from a server without amy warning. What makes me upset is that i ahelped a few times during the last months to warn him as after playing on other, more rule relaxed codebases he doesnt understand the severity of actions like hacking the armory, also there was an admin online and he wasnt warned which really doesnt help here aswell.
As for me i dont think giving him food as a chef or extra access as captain is grief, and because you gave me no warnings that what in doing is bad beforehand rule 13 shouldnt be applied... I also have a suspicion you wouldnt have taken action if he hadnt interfered with you having fun yesterday and specifically made a complaint.

Extra information: He wrote my ban reason like ive been on some watchlist.
No, you and your friend were banned for making the server hell for other players to be on. You've been horribly powergaming and abusing lower populations just to feel powerful over everyone else. We're not interested in seeing this kind of gameplay on our servers, and you've been banned from that specific server so you can experience what it's like to not have your clique-buddies defending you from the repercussions of your shit gameplay. Efrem was just the one to pull the trigger, other admins were involved in this. Just because you cannot see an admin online doesn't mean there isn't one, and you do not deserve a warning if we do not choose to give you one.
Appropriate response to repeated shitty behavior.

Edit: Honestly if I'd pulled the trigger on this, it would have been more then a server 2 ban Sleeping bee
Well ofcourse he wouldnt have stopped if he believed he was in the right, thats what warning are for... you basically set him up for failure

wait so i was banned for just being a friend of him?
You need to understand something, if you get multiple talking-tos over a period of just a few months over your behaviour, including a previous ban, the onus is not on us anymore to try and "show you the light" so to speak. The rules are extremely simple to follow, and if you look at them and cannot understand how your behaviour keeps breaking them, we simply do not care anymore and do not wish to have you on our servers. The correct response is to reflect on your actions that led to this situation and not fling an illogical complaint up like a petulant child. Grow up, reread the rules, realize that you still have access to Goon 1 to try and show us that you can improve your behaviour. Alternatively, go play somewhere else that puts up with clique-y behaviour and toeing the rules (there are not many).
So in my previous thread i said i dont get it why ive been banned, it was no joke. In my eyes i havent broken any rules, and the only reason was befriending a person that was "shitting up the server".

was it because due to my actions, it became easier for the person to grief/"shit the server up"?
Just going to merge this into the prior thread. I don't see anything new here sufficient to justify a new thread. You already asked this question and were given an answer. That you appear to dispute the validity of this reason is not going to change anything.
(04-19-2022, 10:23 AM)virvatuli Wrote: No, you and your friend were banned for making the server hell for other players to be on. You've been horribly powergaming and abusing lower populations just to feel powerful over everyone else. We're not interested in seeing this kind of gameplay on our servers, and you've been banned from that specific server so you can experience what it's like to not have your clique-buddies defending you from the repercussions of your shit gameplay. Efrem was just the one to pull the trigger, other admins were involved in this. Just because you cannot see an admin online doesn't mean there isn't one, and you do not deserve a warning if we do not choose to give you one.

Uhh, i didnt powergame, i didnt abuse lower pops. I was usually a staff assistant, who spent most of his time in space/off-station or hanging around with other people not doing much. The round ive been banned, i chose captain after alot of incompetent captains that abandoned the stafion without anybody to take their position/used all of the qm budget for themselves.

Could i get an example of me powergaming?

(04-25-2022, 01:02 AM)Mrfishstick Wrote: Just going to merge this into the prior thread. I don't see anything new here sufficient to justify a new thread. You already asked this question and were given an answer. That you appear to dispute the validity of this reason is not going to change anything.

Im very much disputing it as i havent powergamed, or even taken important roles to make it easier to him and i havent supported his actions of greytiding, even the armory. I tried to stop him, usually verbally trough discord, even ahelps. But after a week of him not stopping and you being online a couple of times without intervention i just stopped to care...

If i dont get a proper and valid reason for the ban, then what fucking point is there in even giving me a "chance to redeem myself" when i dont know and likely havent done anything wrong.

Also, instead of intervening and stopping wrill early on, when you had the ability, you let him do enough damage so you could ban him and so he had abolished his reputation. Feels really sciffed and targetted.
While I won't dispute my own ban, I will dispute nut's. I don't understand how they were even powergaming. In fact, they were the one trying to get me to stop.
Quote:Also, instead of intervening and stopping wrill early on, when you had the ability, you let him do enough damage so you could ban him and so he had abolished his reputation. Feels really sciffed and targetted.
How do you know attempts were not made? 

Other people's notes are not your concern. How often we talked to wrill about their behavior is not your concern.  We are not going to post another person's notes here to satisfy your curiosity and indignation.

You know you were warned several times. After being warned several times,  you were given an incredibly lenient ban from server 2 only instead of every server.

The reason for your ban is clear: powergaming and working with a meta friend to make server 2 hell for the other players on that server.  We've received numerous ahelps regarding your behavior. If being asked not to do that is unclear to you,  that's not our problem.  It just means that you will continue to be unempathetic to other players and eventually you'll banned from the other servers as well. I recommend you reconsider this course of action.