Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An armload of bugs
1) The default jumpsuit displayed for mobs with both arms that are looking E or W is the one with filled in hand-holes, like was reported in the other thread.

2) Once an arm is reattached to you, a phantom arm will appear in your hand slot. Having the arm there won't break use of your hand.
You can take the extra arm in the other hand and throw it away. Or even implant that arm on somebody else.
I haven't reattached many legs, and I'm not sure whether those are bugged as well.

3) When both me and another player - Bethany Something - were in robotics to fix our limbs, she was reattached my arm. The arm wasn't stapled quickly enough and when it fell off it was labeled "Philip Farmer's Bethany Something's arm" (or the reverse, it had taken both names).

4) Receiving somebody else's arms doesn't seem to cause dysfunctions and attacks at all.

5) Perhaps unrelated changeling bug. If you turn into an abomination when you grab somebody (passive is enough) and use the devour verb, your hand will be unable to pick up any other object.
You will be able to punch and grab other mobs, but you can't pick up anything else.
Oh, I forgot.

The stungloves overlay on mobs has been broken ever since limbs could be lost. Can we have it back, stungloves suck.
Clarks Wrote:2) Once an arm is reattached to you, a phantom arm will appear in your hand slot. Having the arm there won't break use of your hand.
You can take the extra arm in the other hand and throw it away. Or even implant that arm on somebody else.
I haven't reattached many legs, and I'm not sure whether those are bugged as well.

Just found out that legs do this too.
Clarks Wrote:2) Once an arm is reattached to you, a phantom arm will appear in your hand slot. Having the arm there won't break use of your hand.

This is a weird bug with contents, and it also affects borgs: when getting borged, quite a few, if not all, of your parts will appear (and stick around) on your screen bottom for no reason whatsoever.

Clarks Wrote:5) Perhaps unrelated changeling bug. If you turn into an abomination when you grab somebody (passive is enough) and use the devour verb, your hand will be unable to pick up any other object.
You will be able to punch and grab other mobs, but you can't pick up anything else.

A note, I was unable to grab under the effect of this bug.
I've also noticed that if you lose your limbs and someone else picks them up and puts them in their backpack, you'll see your limbs appear in the right side of your screen. It's kinda like you can see them in the other persons backpack. They disappear if they've been taken out of the other persons backpack. ~spooky~
Having a limb severed does not cause you to bleed at all.
I was removed from the cloning pod before my clone was done. My mob only showed one arm. The UI however had neither arm greyed out.

I could not use my left arm. When I tried to get a new arm implanted, the roboticist kept hitting me with the new arm because the game thought I already had a left arm attached. In fact, the roboticist was able to saw the left arm off me.
He reattached the same left arm that he had just removed, but even then the arm remained unusable.
Lose an arm, suit up for space. If you have the missing arm active you won't be able to change direction, just like it happens when you are cuffed.

Why would you have your bad arm selected? To avoid shooting some weapons by misclick when you're giving chase to somebody, for instance.
Clarks Wrote:I was removed from the cloning pod before my clone was done. My mob only showed one arm. The UI however had neither arm greyed out.

I could not use my left arm. When I tried to get a new arm implanted, the roboticist kept hitting me with the new arm because the game thought I already had a left arm attached. In fact, the roboticist was able to saw the left arm off me.
He reattached the same left arm that he had just removed, but even then the arm remained unusable.

For the cloning part, do you remember if anything else in your sprite looked weird, like a droopy eye? It could be that you were ejected and came out retarded that happens often. Although it IS weird that the retards that come out are missing arms yet can still pick up objects with that said arm. Perhaps not a bug, but an oversight?
Sundance Wrote:For the cloning part, do you remember if anything else in your sprite looked weird, like a droopy eye? It could be that you were ejected and came out retarded that happens often. Although it IS weird that the retards that come out are missing arms yet can still pick up objects with that said arm. Perhaps not a bug, but an oversight?

No brain damage.

Thing is, my mob didn't have a left arm, my UI had both hands available, but the left hand could not be used.
Sundance Wrote:
Clarks Wrote:I was removed from the cloning pod before my clone was done. My mob only showed one arm. The UI however had neither arm greyed out.

For the cloning part, do you remember if anything else in your sprite looked weird, like a droopy eye? It could be that you were ejected and came out retarded that happens often. Although it IS weird that the retards that come out are missing arms yet can still pick up objects with that said arm. Perhaps not a bug, but an oversight?

Wait, I thought retards were the ones who were missing their left arm permanently? Unless something changed since October, I am right here.
New arm bug

Arms (hands) are now displayed above every layer. If you have gloves, you see hands, if you go behind a chair (try it while laying down), you see hands. hands hands, they are everywhere.
Since this thread seems to be about arm and limb bugs, last time I got cluwned by a wizard, I noticed how, apart from all my clothes, a bunch of nameless limbs appeared along the rest of my stuff, and it happened both times I got cluwned, in two different rounds, so I'm guessing that's not intended? idk
Darkchis Wrote:Since this thread seems to be about arm and limb bugs, last time I got cluwned by a wizard, I noticed how, apart from all my clothes, a bunch of nameless limbs appeared along the rest of my stuff, and it happened both times I got cluwned, in two different rounds, so I'm guessing that's not intended? idk

Your limbs are now in your contents, once they are removed from your contents you are delimbed. Cluwning does strip-all, which means it empties your contents; making your limbs be dropped.
Clarks Wrote:No brain damage.

Thing is, my mob didn't have a left arm, my UI had both hands available, but the left hand could not be used.

This same thing happened to me, along with a lot of strange things that seem like bugs to me. Basically I had hypoglycemic shock, neither insulin nor eating (does eating help?) worked. Maybe you have to take insulin before you go into shock? Idk. I started taking toxin damage and a borg kept healing me until it stopped. After that I was still coughing and twitching which was super debilitating so I had a borg clone me after I killed myself.

In the cloner I stayed in yellow health and had to suicide to eject myself. I didn't have brain damage and had a left arm slot (not grayed-out) but it didn't show one on my mob and when someone tried putting an arm on me it just hit my non-existent one. Although I was also trying to use robotic limb replacements because I was told they were working and my old body was rotten.

Marquesas Wrote:Wait, I thought retards were the ones who were missing their left arm permanently? Unless something changed since October, I am right here.

I wasn't aware this was a thing, so maybe I was retarded and just didn't have brain damage? Still should've been able to put an arm back on right?