Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Enables hunger motive on classic servers
How long do we think nukie rounds take that hunger is going to be an issue?
Nukies getting an MRE pack would be funny to me tbh
Rations made from real rats
(05-05-2022, 11:43 PM)Conchuckter Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 11:02 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i'd like it more if it were a trait so it would be something you could opt in/out from

That would basically made the whole system pointless.

Its like what happens with items that give you an overlay for balancing, no one likes it because its a debuff so they just disable it.
The only way something like this would work if it was enforced.

(04-25-2022, 09:27 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: I would also like to say, I wish the stomach had a maximum capacity. I've said it before i'll say it again, its absolute hell as a Chef to work all shift making a huge platter of food and some Clown/Staffie walks by and literally sits down for 5s and eats like 30 servings of food by themselves. Massive grief and gluttony and all you hard work is gone.

Make it work like drinking reagents when your container is full, it just doesn't consume it, you have a max capacity to your stomach. It would help the glutton eating, maybe make the foodie trait also increase the max capacity of your stomach too if thats your thing.

This but the clown doesn't have a maximum, instead their stomach explodes.

i just don't like being forced to interact with systems i don't particularly care for

but if you opt in you have a higher potential for buffs than people who choose not to
From playing on RP, it honestly seems to me like the entire system is benign anyways, and is simply a good facet to drive roleplay. Main is NRP with slight LRP drives to it. Even on a super long RP round you probably have to visit the bar maybe three times, and if the system was a bit slower and balanced thats maybe once or twice.

On main, it means you have to stop by the kitchen one single time every shift, this is nothing and all it could do is force genetics to finally get up off their console and walk past the nuke ops to get to the bar for a glass of water. Nothing wrong with this.
seems neat. on rp despite motives, it isnt a huge interaction driver for the kitchen and bar.

I guess what I can see on classic is more awareness of the good food buffs and stuff and that people might try to use them. food stuff in the game is really strong. if you have no interest in taking care of the motive, you probably can go 60 minutes without eating before suffering the -20 max health cap.

which sounds like some wild amount but it's really kind of minimal and I play most my rounds on 80 hp anyways. way more forgiving than when it use to drop clicks.

would be cool to see from a strategy perspective I guess but I'm not sure how much actual interaction this would drive.