Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Enables hunger motive on classic servers
(04-24-2022, 08:57 AM)DioChasek Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 08:46 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 05:02 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I'd honestly say just give more bonuses for food instead of forcing people to eat.
If they bonuses were good then people would eat the chefs food more.

The buffs are crazy good already but nobody eats. 

+40 to max health,  1hp regen a second (better than it sounds), healing up to 10 damage or more per bite,  +30 to max stamina,  etc...

People legit just don't care how strong food is,  they won't eat it
I think part of the problem there is the bonus isn’t pointed out clearly. A message in the chat log along the lines of you have gained +30 to stamina after the food description would make things more transparent and encourage people to eat.

Little green and red, up and down arrows popping up up on bites
I actually really like this because it makes it more easy to antag as a chef by poisoning food that people will actually need to eat.

Also the captain could appoint a cup bearer
(04-24-2022, 07:08 PM)MoonJesus Wrote: I actually really like this because it makes it more easy to antag as a chef by poisoning food that people will actually need to eat.

Also the captain could appoint a cup bearer

You mean the clown right? The Clown would be the one to drink/eat everything. And they would do it willingly. We don't know any better after all.
I would also like to say, I wish the stomach had a maximum capacity. I've said it before i'll say it again, its absolute hell as a Chef to work all shift making a huge platter of food and some Clown/Staffie walks by and literally sits down for 5s and eats like 30 servings of food by themselves. Massive grief and gluttony and all you hard work is gone.

Make it work like drinking reagents when your container is full, it just doesn't consume it, you have a max capacity to your stomach. It would help the glutton eating, maybe make the foodie trait also increase the max capacity of your stomach too if thats your thing.
(04-25-2022, 09:27 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: I would also like to say, I wish the stomach had a maximum capacity. I've said it before i'll say it again, its absolute hell as a Chef to work all shift making a huge platter of food and some Clown/Staffie walks by and literally sits down for 5s and eats like 30 servings of food by themselves. Massive grief and gluttony and all you hard work is gone.

Make it work like drinking reagents when your container is full, it just doesn't consume it, you have a max capacity to your stomach. It would help the glutton eating, maybe make the foodie trait also increase the max capacity of your stomach too if thats your thing.

Yeah agreed, it sucks seeing the epic sandwich, cake, or vomit soup you spent a few minutes making be gone in literally 10 seconds
I've always thought it would be a good mechanic to have your stat bonus tied to the food in the stomach and having limited room. Naturally they would go away over time, but this also opens the room for purging things through using the bathrooms or vomit, making causing someone to puke a potential strategic move.
So are we gonna merge this soon or what, seems like a mostly universal agreement
Speed Merge, do it. If it gets negative reactions from a majority of the community it can always be removed.
I completely agree with this and would love if this was in the game.

Food has basically zero purpose outside of gimmicks and buffs which is sad because of how fleshed out the system is.
i'd like it more if it were a trait so it would be something you could opt in/out from
(05-05-2022, 11:02 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i'd like it more if it were a trait so it would be something you could opt in/out from

That would basically made the whole system pointless.

Its like what happens with items that give you an overlay for balancing, no one likes it because its a debuff so they just disable it.
The only way something like this would work if it was enforced.

(04-25-2022, 09:27 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: I would also like to say, I wish the stomach had a maximum capacity. I've said it before i'll say it again, its absolute hell as a Chef to work all shift making a huge platter of food and some Clown/Staffie walks by and literally sits down for 5s and eats like 30 servings of food by themselves. Massive grief and gluttony and all you hard work is gone.

This but the clown doesn't have a maximum, instead their stomach explodes.
(05-05-2022, 11:43 PM)Conchuckter Wrote: This but the clown doesn't have a maximum, instead their stomach explodes.

Make it a trait, like Big Stomach or something.
Lets you eat more, but you can also eat too much and rupture your stomach.
Better put food on the Cairngorm or nukies are gonna have an even worse time than they already do.
the syndicate has raided the kitchen, they have been starving for so long
(05-07-2022, 03:28 PM)Mouse Wrote: Better put food on the Cairngorm or nukies are gonna have an even worse time than they already do.

Each nukie gets one or two of those Jetsons style food pills that completely fills them up