Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ban Appeal question
So i got banned and the ban message told me to appeal, but the ban is permanent and I've seen you need to wait a month to appeal a permeant ban. Should i just leave my appeal up or just delete it and wait a month?
You should probably wait a month
Did they say you were banned because they were unable to contact you and told you to make an appeal on the forums?  Those appeals don't have to wait a month.
I was banned when I was playing, but the ban message mentions that I should appeal at forums. So I just did it straight away.
If it specifically says you can appeal the ban on the forums immediately, then you can appeal immediately. Otherwise, you have to wait a month.
Hope you get unbanned soon, I got a one month ban so I know the feeling!
If the ban message states that you can appeal immediately, you can appeal immediately. We have two methods of handing out "permabans", the already mentioned permaban which is appealable after 30 days unless specified otherwise, and the "Until Appeal" ban which functions the same but is clearer in intent. If your permaban does not state a length, then you will need to wait 30 days before your appeal will be considered. if your permaban says don't bother appealing, then it's likely that no appeal will be considered.
(04-21-2022, 11:13 AM)virvatuli Wrote: if your permaban says don't bother appealing, then it's likely that no appeal will be considered.

Curious, is there a difference between the " 'sploded" clause and a permaban saying to not bother appealing. And if so, which one is more severe?
(04-21-2022, 01:13 PM)AmazingDragons Wrote: Curious, is there a difference between the " 'sploded" clause and a permaban saying to not bother appealing. And if so, which one is more severe?

A permaban is just what it says, a permanent ban from playing here in response to a significant infraction of server rules. These will remain in place for a minimum of 30 days at which point it’s possible to write up an appeal to have it lifted but these are by no means guaranteed depending on the exact nature of the infraction.

On occasion we run into a player who makes a goonstation career out of living in the ambiguity grey zone of what is permissible behavior. To deal with these players, on rare occasion, the entire administrative team may collectively opt to just permaban someone outright despite the lack a specific rule infraction sufficient to typically justify such a ban. This would be an invoking of the ‘Sploded clause.
(04-21-2022, 01:13 PM)AmazingDragons Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 11:13 AM)virvatuli Wrote: if your permaban says don't bother appealing, then it's likely that no appeal will be considered.

Curious, is there a difference between the " 'sploded" clause and a permaban saying to not bother appealing. And if so, which one is more severe?

Sploded clause isnt really used that much. They would have to be EXTREMELY shit.