Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
[CLOSED PR] Eggs no longer make you fart
(04-21-2022, 11:00 AM)Mouse Wrote: But on a serious note, forcefeeding someone an egg when they're tricking new players into biblefarting is hilarious.

“You’re about to be eggsellently eggsecuted.” Bret “The Stinkman” Fart
(04-21-2022, 08:42 AM)Sord213 Wrote: As someone who was executed via forced biblefarting with eggs(It was in RP and absolutely hilarious) I dislike this PR.

Man, I wonder what kinda HoS would do this, haha...
There are already other chemicals that can be used to force people to fart for your weird force-biblefarting needs.
(04-21-2022, 01:13 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: There are already other chemicals that can be used to force people to fart for your weird force-biblefarting needs.
Not to sound indignant but a better question is why remove options for an innocuous game feature that in the majority of situations you can either avoid or doesn’t affect you in any real way? Just because you don’t like farts doesn’t mean that a larger portion of the player base either doesn’t care one way or the other, or actively love the fart mechanic.
Some other players in the rp server also expressed the sentiment that they disliked constant farting after anyone eats a simple egg, be it on purpose or by accident.
Sometimes people do not eat eggs on rp when they would otherwise eat food, because they do not want to be fartmachine 2000 for the next few minutes.

My previous post was pointing out that this is really not a removal of any mechanic, just shifting it to be more intentional instead of a side effect of an innocuous food item which may have many other reasons for eating it since it is inextricably linked to an entire job. Many people who play that job do not want to be the #1 person on the station resonsible for farts.

Because farts are dumb and not funny. >:|
Easy solution. No pr required. Simethicone.
That requires a chem dispenser and tampering with every single of the dozens to hundreds of eggs you can produce in a rancher round, I propose an even easier solution where we merge this PR.
Or you just deal with it and realize you are playing a stupid 2d spaceman game not super serious rpg TM where you get your wish by yelling louder than everyone else.
(04-21-2022, 09:27 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Or you just deal with it and realize you are playing a stupid 2d spaceman game not super serious rpg TM where you get your wish by yelling louder than everyone else.

For fucks sake if you want funny haha toilet humor ss13 go play coolstation. I'm sure you would fit in much better there, I heard they readded poo.
So where is the line then? Vomit fine but farting isnt? Blood? Who are you to decide what is and isnt humorous especially compared to actual terrible humor like racist and sexist "jokes", bodily functions are one of the few remaining avenues for a bit of mirth and can be in the game? Take a chill pill relax and stop taking things so seriously.

Honestly though go ahead with the pr I don't truly give a crap, I just tire of people policing piddly crap in the game and removing features because the game is at its best when you are adding things not cutting stuff out.
It's funny so I think it should stay. Cooking the egg makes it so it doesnt make you fart
(04-21-2022, 09:40 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: It's funny so I think it should stay. Cooking the egg makes it so it doesnt make you fart

Its almost as if there are ways around the farting problem!
wait why the fuck are you eating raw eggs
Because you get the rancher egg buffs from the raw eggs.
Because I'm training to beat my boxing rival